Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boris Gate

Originally posted by Jax View Post
    Everyone in high public office is scrutinised by MI5 and rightly so. The difference is what MI5 discover. In Corbyn's case, his connections with the IRA and numerous other terrorist and fascist organisations is well documented and IMHO beyond dispute. All you have to do is have a non-biased, open mind and do a little online research

All things considered Mr. Corbyn could, as Nigel suggests, be indeed a very dangerous man.

Jax
    To put it into perspective, Boris worries me a lot and I don't really want him as PM, but Corbyn terrifies me.
    ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

[QUOTE=Naughty Nigel;493752]The Lib Dems seem to be the only safe choice left but so far I have heard very little policy other than cancelling Brexit./QUOTE]

And if you don't want Brexit cancelling ........ who the hell do you vote for?

Comment

[quote=Keith-369;493762]
        Originally posted by Naughty Nigel View Post
        The Lib Dems seem to be the only safe choice left but so far I have heard very little policy other than cancelling Brexit./QUOTE]

'None of the above!'
        ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

Originally posted by Keith-369 View Post
          Good point Keith. Sadly, in the coming election, if the polls can be believed, a vote for any party other than the 2 major runners will be a wasted vote. If you don't want Brexit cancelled, unfortunately that only leaves one option.

Jax

Comment

Looking on the brighter side, if Boris gets a big majority, Labour may come to the conclusion it's demise is due to Comrade Corbyn and get rid of him once and for all. Every cloud has a silver lining!

Jax

Comment

Good point Keith. Sadly, in the coming election, if the polls can be believed, a vote for any party other than the 2 major runners will be a wasted vote. If you don't want Brexit cancelled, unfortunately that only leaves one option.

Jax
              Even that isn't guaranteed Jax. If Boris doesn't get a working majority we will still be talking about Brexit this time next year, and the year after.

Boris is a lose cannon who should never have been allowed near to No 10.

Corbyn will do, say and promise anything to get into power. Once there he will be immovable until he dies like other communist dictators around the world. Current Labour policies are all about spite, jealously and hatred for those who don't fit into their narrow agenda. Be afraid, be very afraid!

I fear we won't see the true Corbyn until he gets into No 10 by which time it will be far too late.

Jo Swinson is our only savoir from utter madness but I really don't feel she has the gravitas or the policies to pull it off. I have said it before but I do wish Vince Cable was still around along with Ken Clarke and yes, even the Milliband brothers and maybe even Gordon Brown. We do not want or need the current extremism in mainstream politics.
              ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

Looking on the brighter side, if Boris gets a big majority, Labour may come to the conclusion it's demise is due to Comrade Corbyn and get rid of him once and for all. Every cloud has a silver lining!

Jax
                We can only hope. At seventy years of age how much time has he got anyway?; not that he would ever stand down voluntarily.
                ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

Even that isn't guaranteed Jax. If Boris doesn't get a working majority we will still be talking about Brexit this time next year, and the year after.

Boris is a lose cannon who should never have been allowed near to No 10.

Corbyn will do, say and promise anything to get into power. Once there he will be immovable until he dies like other communist dictators around the world. Current Labour policies are all about spite, jealously and hatred for those who don't fit into their narrow agenda. Be afraid, be very afraid!

I fear we won't see the true Corbyn until he gets into No 10 by which time it will be far too late.

Jo Swinson is our only savoir from utter madness but I really don't feel she has the gravitas or the policies to pull it off. I have said it before but I do wish Vince Cable was still around along with Ken Clarke and yes, even the Milliband brothers and maybe even Gordon Brown. We do not want or need the current extremism in mainstream politics.
                  Agreed on every point. The sad fact is, we are now stuck with what we have and whichever way things go, the future seems decidedly grim.

Jax

Comment

• ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

At seventy years of age how much time has he got anyway?;

Thanks Nigel !

I'm 73

Jax

Comment

Expect more of the same if Corbyn gets his way. He has probably not noticed that "the rich" are much more mobile now than in the 1960's so those who can will leave the country. His only choice then will be to erect walls and barbed wire fences to prevent citizens from leaving. Now where have we seen that before?
                        I believe Corbyn is of that ilk too

https://www.bing.com/search?q=corbyn...&wsso=Moderate

Comment

Comment

No. Labour Chancellor Jim!

From memory the 135% tax rate applied to what was termed 'unearned income', so interest earned on savings and investments actually cost you money!

At the time there were all sorts of restrictions on taking money out of the country so there was no escape.
                            ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

Thanks Nigel !

I'm 73

Jax
                              Being PM is a 24 hour a day job in 2019 Jax. I am some way from 73 and still quite energetic but I doubt I could keep up with the pace seven days a week.

Just look how previous PM's have aged. Its a quick way to an early grave.
                              ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

Originally posted by Walti View Post
                                Where's Screaming Lord Sutch when you need him?

Vote Monster Raving Looney Party... You know it makes sense (well as much sense as voting for any of the other bar stewards involved in todays politics!)

Sadly Dave died many, many years ago. I did get to vote for him once as he stood when we had a by-election here.
                                Best wishes

Wildwood

Comment

Working...
                                X