A day in the diary of a BMW driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A day in the diary of a BMW driver

I saw this on Facebook and couldn't resist!

A Day in the Diary of a BMW Driver
    John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Re: A day in the diary of a BMW driver

Although a few years ago, I drove BMWs for many years. I’m sure I don’t recognize any of the references in that story...

It amused me though.

Comment

I have a BMW
      Paul
      E-M1ii, Pen-F and too many lenses
      flickr
      Portfolio Site
      Instagram

Comment

Good job the BMW driver did not get the headlights in the rear mirror experience from a big Audi
        This space for rent

Comment

I'm happy with my diesel Volvo.
          Dave

My Flickr

Comment

ditto ditto
            This space for rent

Comment

Yes, it's wrong to generalize but around here, at least, there do seem to be a sizable minority of BMW and Audi drivers who regularly live up to the reputations they have earned. The last two occasions I have witnessed dangerous driving were both Audi drivers (the most recent only this morning) which makes me wonder if the BMW owners are in danger of losing their crown!
              John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Back in the day it was Ford Cortina drivers, then Peugeot and VW Golf drivers before they all became BMW and Audi drivers.

I think it all boils down to which manufacturers offer the best deals and tax breaks for sales reps and suchlike, and which cars said reps want to be seen driving.
                ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

Originally posted by Naughty Nigel View Post
                  Back in the day it was Ford Cortina drivers, then Peugeot and VW Golf drivers before they all became BMW and Audi drivers.

I think it all boils down to which manufacturers offer the best deals and tax breaks for sales reps and suchlike, and which cars said reps want to be seen driving.
                  I must admit I've been guilty in my time of driving a Ford Cortina and a Vauxhall Cavalier!
                  John

Comment

Originally posted by Zuiko View Post
                    I must admit I've been guilty in my time of driving a Ford Cortina and a Vauxhall Cavalier!

Me too, and the Cortina was one of the worst cars I've ever driven. It took forever to get it started in the winter, and if you needed to brake suddenly you never knew whether you'd end up in the hedge or the oncoming traffic. I had a BMW 525i hire car for a few days once as well, the tail would twitch like a fish's as soon as you touched the throttle, the driver's seat was like a park bench and the engine whined incessantly and annoyingly. I've never had a Ford or a BMW since. But quite the very worst car I have ever driven was a Datsun 280 (I think, or maybe a 300). It was a great barge of a thing with no go, which was as well as it wouldn't steer or stop either. It was the big boss's car too!
                    Regards
                    Richard

Comment

Guess who's close to pulling the trigger on a shiney new X1 ! I hope mine has indicators fitted, as the majority of them seem to be without.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyfromalnwick View Post
                        Guess who's close to pulling the trigger on a shiney new X1 ! I hope mine has indicators fitted, as the majority of them seem to be without.

Comment

Originally posted by Zuiko View Post
                          Yes, it's wrong to generalize but around here, at least, there do seem to be a sizable minority of BMW and Audi drivers who regularly live up to the reputations they have earned. The last two occasions I have witnessed dangerous driving were both Audi drivers (the most recent only this morning) which makes me wonder if the BMW owners are in danger of losing their crown!
                          I have a friend, who as a child had a tricycle. If we had a race on our bikes to the farm gates, he always had to beat everyone else through those gates. Last year he offered me his M4 at a significantly reduced price. The need for speed and being the one in front is something he has never lost, he has always been a winner. I thought, you dont buy a BMW to drive slow. I decided to decline his very kind offer.
                          All the best

Phil
                          https://www.flickr.com/gp/gatekeeperphil/44A3Dc

Comment

Let's recycle an old general-purpose joke which in the past has been used about BMW drivers, among many others:

Q: What is the difference between a porcupine and the Houses of Parliament?

A; A porcupine's pricks are on the outside.

John (It's OK, I'm just getting my coat....)

Comment

Originally posted by Bikie John View Post
                              Let's recycle an old general-purpose joke which in the past has been used about BMW drivers, among many others:

Q: What is the difference between a porcupine and the Houses of Parliament?

A; A porcupine's pricks are on the outside.

Comment

Working...
                              X