A day in the diary of a BMW driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A day in the diary of a BMW driver

Over here it is difficult to tell the difference as our pricks are on the outside and still getting half pay!
    The only good thing is they are not doing much damage although a lot of things are slowly coming to a halt due to lack of control.
    We are well past the time for direct rule with the pricks on the inside again!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Ed

Live life in the slow lane.

Comment

I have never been so bothered about the lack of indicators as the lack of a reverse gear. I don't think I have ever seen a BMW driver reverse for anyone, ever. Their need is always greater and more urgent. Clearly one cannot expect anyone of such great importance to waste their valuable time by reversing for lesser individuals. (I presume the hand signal in which the right arm is abruptly raised at an angle of about 30 degrees with hand outstretched means 'I have right of way'?)

Well, so I thought, until this week; whilst on holiday in Scotland we came across a vehicle the size of a Sherman tank on a single track road which had a blue and white BMW badge on the front and 'X6' marked on its hind quarters. Knowing that BMW cars do not have a reverse gear I had already engaged reverse myself, and was glancing at the screen to see what was behind. Imagine my surprise when I saw this Teutonic behemoth moving backwards out of our way, with the driver politely beckoning us forward. I then realised that the driver was sitting on the 'wrong side' of the vehicle and that it was actually German registered. So perhaps it is only the UK exports that have reverse gear disabled?
      ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

Originally posted by Wee man View Post
        Over here it is difficult to tell the difference as our pricks are on the outside and still getting half pay!
        The only good thing is they are not doing much damage although a lot of things are slowly coming to a halt due to lack of control.
        We are well past the time for direct rule with the pricks on the inside again!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
        I have heard of the 'Westminster Bubble' but how does that bubble survive with 650 pricks inside?
        ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

Originally posted by Naughty Nigel View Post
          I have never been so bothered about the lack of indicators as the lack of a reverse gear. I don't think I have ever seen a BMW driver reverse for anyone, ever. Their need is always greater and more urgent. Clearly one cannot expect anyone of such great importance to waste their valuable time by reversing for lesser individuals. (I presume the hand signal in which the right arm is abruptly raised at an angle of about 30 degrees with hand outstretched means 'I have right of way'?)

Well, so I thought, until this week; whilst on holiday in Scotland we came across a vehicle the size of a Sherman tank on a single track road which had a blue and white BMW badge on the front and 'X6' marked on its hind quarters. Knowing that BMW cars do not have a reverse gear I had already engaged reverse myself, and was glancing at the screen to see what was behind. Imagine my surprise when I saw this Teutonic behemoth moving backwards out of our way, with the driver politely beckoning us forward. I then realised that the driver was sitting on the 'wrong side' of the vehicle and that it was actually German registered. So perhaps it is only the UK exports that have reverse gear disabled?
          Well, there's one stereotype confounded!
          John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

I have heard of the 'Westminster Bubble' but how does that bubble survive with 650 pricks inside?
            Maybe they are all just little pricks?
            John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Comment

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMJhOSdxQVg"]Funniest BMW Auto complaint you'll ever hear - YouTube[/ame]

You must have heard this one,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Comment

I don't know if this will work here but ......

https://www.facebook.com/thecarmemes...5534507168990/
                  ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

Working...
                  X