Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Climate Change - can you belive this?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-eur...avJUJRbQ1b5BN8

The bit that alarms me most is Pompeo suggesting that the melting of the Artic ice is a good thing because it will open up new trade rotes for shipping!
    John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Re: Climate Change - can you belive this?

So what is his solution for the container ports being underwater...
    Graham

We often repeat the mistakes we most enjoy...

Comment

Manahattan, Mar-a-Largo etc would all go underwater.

I hope he has flood insurance cover.
      This space for rent

Comment

I think a remark was also made about the melting of the Arctic Ice would 'also make it easier for the exploration and harvesting of mineral resources in the area'.

Big Money overides all.

David

Comment

Have these people been living under a stone for the past thirty years?

Is making money and plundering every last vestige of the earth's resources before they retire the only thing that matters to them?
          ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

The whole US administration is rotten to the core. Corrupt, arrogant, ignorant, vindictive, racist, money-grabbing. They lack any vision for humanity or the citizens of their own country. All that matters is narrow political favour and filling their pockets. I hope the US electorate come to realise the peril we're all in because of them in time for the 2020 elections.
            Paul
            E-M1ii, Pen-F and too many lenses
            flickr
            Portfolio Site
            Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by pdk42 View Post
              The whole US administration is rotten to the core. Corrupt, arrogant, ignorant, vindictive, racist, money-grabbing. They lack any vision for humanity or the citizens of their own country. All that matters is narrow political favour and filling their pockets. I hope the US electorate come to realise the peril we're all in because of them in time for the 2020 elections.
              I have to agree with you on that Paul; I just wish I could believe the American opposition was better.

Unfortunately corruption, arrogance, ignorance, vindictiveness, racism, money-grabbing and environmental vandalism seem to be a way of life for far too many Americans. Worse still, there are people in this country who worship them for it.
              ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

I'm coming to the view that it's time for the rest of the world to impose severe economic sanctions on America until they start to act more responsibly.
                John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Zuiko View Post
                    I'm coming to the view that it's time for the rest of the world to impose severe economic sanctions on America until they start to act more responsibly.
                    Why not? The Americans are very fond of imposing punitive sanctions on any regime they don't like.
                    ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

Originally posted by Zuiko View Post
                      Ha, ha - I'd vote for that. Trexit anyone?
                      Paul
                      E-M1ii, Pen-F and too many lenses
                      flickr
                      Portfolio Site
                      Instagram

Comment

Ha, ha - I'd vote for that. Trexit anyone?
                        Would we leave on good terms with a customs union? And what about British tax exiles living in the USA? Would there be freedom of movement for them?
                        ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

Originally posted by Naughty Nigel View Post
                          Unfortunately corruption, arrogance, ignorance, vindictiveness, racism, money-grabbing and environmental vandalism seem to be a way of life for far too many Americans.

I'm not sure it's confined to Americans ...
                          Regards
                          Richard

Comment

With all this talk about corruption, arrogance, ignorance, vindictiveness, racism, money-grabbing and environmental vandalism etc., ect., in other countries, perhaps we should concentrate to get our own house in order before sorting all the others.
                            It's not what inspires us that is important, it's where the journey takes us.

Wally and his Collie with our Oly bits & bobs

Comment

Originally posted by Wally View Post
                              With all this talk about corruption, arrogance, ignorance, vindictiveness, racism, money-grabbing and environmental vandalism etc., ect., in other countries, perhaps we should concentrate to get our own house in order before sorting all the others.
                              Which 'house' were you thinking of Wally? The one with green leather seats or red leather seats?
                              ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

Working...
                              X