• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TimP
    replied
    Re: I need a fix...

Originally posted by Jim Ford View Post
    We're still using an electric oven we bought in 1974 - 45 years ago! I replaced one of the rings about 30 years ago.

Jim
    Damn good going! Stuff is made down to a price now, less so back then I suppose.
    I expect oven elements are more prone to failure if they come into direct contact with splashing food.

Leave a comment:

• Jim Ford
    replied

We're still using an electric oven we bought in 1974 - 45 years ago! I replaced one of the rings about 30 years ago.

Jim

Leave a comment:

• Darkroom
    replied

Yellow card ! Next one is red but you won't see it as the door will be locked

Leave a comment:

• TimP
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TimP
    replied

Originally posted by Darkroom View Post
    Philistine !!
    Racist!

Leave a comment:

• Darkroom
    replied

Originally posted by TimP View Post
    Yorkshire puddings? On Christmas Day? With turkey? Dear lord, save us from these people.
    Philistine !!

Leave a comment:

• TimP
    replied

Originally posted by Naughty Nigel View Post
    It sounds like gas cooking is to be banned so we might have that problem more often
    What with that and everyone having electric cars I reckon someone needs to get their finger out and get laid into some serious storage and solar farms. Ideally with the panels high enough off the ground so sheep can happily graze underneath.

Leave a comment:

• TimP
    replied

Yorkshire puddings? On Christmas Day? With turkey? Dear lord, save us from these people.

Leave a comment:

• Darkroom
    replied

It sounds like gas cooking is to be banned so we might have that problem more often.

Oddly enough one of the elements in my parents electric oven failed on Christmas day and kept tripping the RCD. Fortunately I was able to disconnect the failed element so Christmas dinner was not spoiled, but it was very slow to heat up. I seem to remember we had to forgo Yorkshire puddings too as the oven could not be get hot enough.
    Forgo Yorkshire Puddings ?

That's a torment nobody north of Birmingham should have to endure ! Christmas day too. You have my utmost sympathies

Darkroom

Leave a comment:

• Naughty Nigel
    replied

It sounds like gas cooking is to be banned so we might have that problem more often.

Oddly enough one of the elements in my parents electric oven failed on Christmas day and kept tripping the RCD. Fortunately I was able to disconnect the failed element so Christmas dinner was not spoiled, but it was very slow to heat up. I seem to remember we had to forgo Yorkshire puddings too as the oven could not be get hot enough.

Leave a comment:

• TimP
    replied

I’d hope most people on here can replace an oven element, I’ve certainly done a few in the past but our current oven (Neff) has yet to fail. Previous Hotpoint did it on Xmas eve once, must to my disgust and expense. (Sound of minor explosion from kitchen... )

Leave a comment:

• OM USer
    replied

In my time I've replaced brushes in a washing machine, heating elements in an oven, thermocouples in a boiler, and a microwave oven magnetron. Unfortunately circuit boards are not designed to be repaired but replaced as it makes the cost per board cheaper - and most things these days have a circuit board or two.

Leave a comment:

• Naughty Nigel
    replied

Its working perfectly now.

Leave a comment:

• Darkroom
    replied

Oh Ye Of Little Faith

Darkroom

Leave a comment:

• TimP
    replied

Oddly enough, two weekends ago our Trusty Bosch washing machine stopped mid-spin and displayed the error message F:43.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X