Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Age-Related Difficulties

Originally posted by Naughty Nigel View Post
    IBetter still, if you have a Divvy card you get dividend on funerals.
    DIY Ash Cash!

Harold
    The body is willing but the mind is weak.

Comment

Originally posted by TimP View Post
      I think the fiery furnace will be pretty quick should you wake up ‘on the hob’ as it were. Whereas waking up in an airless dark box to the sound of snuffling hedgehogs don’t sound so good!
      Surely the Co-op would reject the divvy card as it’s in the dead persons name!
      If I am going to be raised up one day I would rather be in one piece than a bag of dust. In any case, I really like hedgehogs.

I have often wondered about waking up in the box especially as I tend to sleep very soundly, but will be choosing a concluding voluntary that will make absolutely sure I am gone.

Oh, and the Divvy is paid to whoever pays the bill. If you are a Coop employee or partner you get a 10% discount, or 20% on pay day.
      ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

Originally posted by Naughty Nigel View Post
        If I am going to be raised up one day I would rather be in one piece than a bag of dust. In any case, I really like hedgehogs.
        I believe that an Archbishop of Canterbury was once asked at a dinner party; what would an amputee do at the Resurrection when they went to collect their bones, and the limb had been incinerated. The reply was "I need notice of that question!"

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Ford View Post
          I believe that an Archbishop of Canterbury was once asked at a dinner party; what would an amputee do at the Resurrection when they went to collect their bones, and the limb had been incinerated. The reply was "I need notice of that question!"

Jim

Or as Father Jack would have said, "dat would be an ecumenical question."
          ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

Originally posted by Harold Gough View Post
            My local pharmacy deals with repeats at the surgery. I just turn up at the pharmacy every two months (I am 74!) to collect my prescription.
            Another regular at my local pub gets his repeat prescription dispensed three-monthly.

Harold

Comment

Another regular at my local pub gets his repeat prescription dispensed three-monthly.

Harold
              My Kit (OK I'm a hoarder...)
              4/3 E500, E510, E30 + 35macro, 50macro, 7-14, 11-22, 14-45 (x2), 14-54, 40-150 (both types), 50-200, 70-300, 50-500,
              m 4/3 EM1MkII + 60 macro, 12-100 Pro
              FL20, FL36 x2 , FL50, cactus slaves etc.
              The Boss (Mrs Shenstone) E620, EM10-II, 14-41Ez, 40-150R, 9 cap and whatever she can nick from me when she wants it

My places
              http://www.shenstone.me.uk http://landroverkaty.blogspot.com/
              https://vimeo.com/shenstone http://cardiffnaturalists.org.uk/

Comment

Harold
                If Chemists dispensed beer there wouldn't be a problem collecting prescriptions

Jax

Comment

Better still, if beer was dispensed free to the over 60s!
                  Regards
                  Richard

Comment

Originally posted by Otto View Post
                    Better still, if beer was dispensed free to the over 60s!

Comment

• Re: Age-Related Difficulties

And see the normal price of the G&T trebled when you get the bill

Jax

Comment

Originally posted by Jax View Post
                        If Chemists dispensed beer there wouldn't be a problem collecting prescriptions
                        Potentially the same problem my wife had, except that it would really have been collected, by someone else.

Harold

Comment

My (high) blood pressure medication reacted with Old Speckled Hen and caused Gout, so I got it changed and I'm now back on the OSH. (I think I might not have been specific about what was causing it)

I notice the cold in winter more, no longer sleeping with the bedroom window open all year, and I've bought a warmer sleeping bag for winter camping.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidB View Post
                            My (high) blood pressure medication reacted with Old Speckled Hen and caused Gout, so I got it changed and I'm now back on the OSH. (I think I might not have been specific about what was causing it)

I would be devastated by that!

What was the medication BTW?

I know there are problems if grapefruit or cranberry juice are taken with Amlodipine. Amlodipine also causes swelling of the ankles during the day (peripheral oedema).
                            ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

Grapefruit causes problems with other meds too because it actually increases the levels of the meds in the blood, like statins and quite a few other meds. see -

https://www.nhs.uk/common-health-que...t-my-medicine/

Comment

Originally posted by Keith-369 View Post
                                Grapefruit causes problems with other meds too because it actually increases the levels of the meds in the blood, like statins and quite a few other meds. see -

https://www.nhs.uk/common-health-que...t-my-medicine/

Yes; grapefruit contains an enzyme which prevents digestion of the medicine, thereby increasing the quantity in the gut. Its a bit like taking an overdose.
                                ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

Working...
                                X