Angry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Angry?

I'm sure it would be like a family get together for the little dears.
    ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

Originally posted by Naughty Nigel View Post
      It also transpired that the driver was still serving a driving ban from when he was 15 having been caught joy riding in a stolen car.
      I can never understand how that works.

You're automatically banned from driving at 15, by virtue of your age. Surely you can only get banned from doing some activity if you are normally
      authorised to do, but committed some misdemeanour. Would (say) a 10 year old get a driving ban if they were caught driving their dad's car?

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Ford View Post

You're automatically banned from driving at 15, by virtue of your age. Surely you can only get banned from doing some activity if you are normally
        authorised to do, but committed some misdemeanour. Would (say) a 10 year old get a driving ban if they were caught driving their dad's car?

Jim
        Jim,

The ban starts when he reaches the age to drive legally.

Harold
        The body is willing but the mind is weak.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Ford View Post

Jim
          ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

Originally posted by Naughty Nigel View Post
            Firstly it stops the driver from driving once he or she reaches the legal age.
            Would be nice if it did.

Comment

Presumably in cases where someone goes to prison for causing a death by dangerous driving and who gets, say, a 5 year sentence (yes I know, ridiculous laws let them out at half time, grrrrr) and a 5 year driving ban then the ban only starts on their release from prison?
              If it doesn’t then the law truly is an ass!

Comment

Originally posted by TimP View Post
                Presumably in cases where someone goes to prison for causing a death by dangerous driving and who gets, say, a 5 year sentence (yes I know, ridiculous laws let them out at half time, grrrrr) and a 5 year driving ban then the ban only starts on their release from prison?
                It does and if they subsequently ignore the ban they go back to prison with an extended ban.

By the way, anyone who is banned has their licence cancelled and have to apply for a new one after the ban.

Harold

Comment

Didn’t know that, can you apply before ban ends to make sure you can drive from day 1 or is it effectively punishing you more by however long the application system takes?

Comment

Presumably you could apply shortly before the ban ends, such that you receive the new licence after the end of the ban, I suspect that they all have a start date (my three-year vintage person one does, and an end date). I suspect that you can't own a valid licence at a time when you are not entitled.

Harold

Comment

I thought that after a ban the person had to pass a driving test before returning to the road.
                      This space for rent

Comment

That would depend on whether that was specified at sentencing time, I don’t think it happens in all cases (speeding for example)

Comment

On a completely different subject, there was an interesting item on the BBC News programme on Saturday morning concerning a High Court test case which I presume was heard some time last week. (I cannot find a link at the moment.)

Basically, the parents of a disruptive child took his school to court for excluding him for a few days, claiming that the exclusion infringed his human rights. This went all the way to the High Court, which ruled that excluding disruptive and violent children from school did indeed infringe their human rights. Clearly this sets an important precedent as to how schools can discipline disruptive and violent children in all schools in England and Wales (where English Law applies).

However, there was no mention of teacher's human rights being infringed by disruptive or violent behaviour, or the human rights of those children who go to school to learn something.

I suspect this action might have been motivated by the parents having to take time off work to mind their disruptive offspring.
                          ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

No doubt the little dear will be diagnosed with something and the family will be able to get some kind of disability allowance along with a Motability car for him and the rest of us will be lumbered with paying for it for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by TimP View Post
                              No doubt the little dear will be diagnosed with something and the family will be able to get some kind of disability allowance along with a Motability car for him and the rest of us will be lumbered with paying for it for the rest of his life.
                              Yep. And a free laptop at school.

There seems to be a whole industry in finding previously undiscovered conditions that result in children behaving like little thugs and disrupting the education of the majority.

It doesn't help that far too many parents seem to want to find something wrong with their offspring to make them unique.
                              ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

Retrospective birth control would help too.

All these found ailments are so the parents (often just the one) needn’t feel like they’ve done a bad job (which in most cases they have) but little Kanye was always going to be a bad ‘un cos he has <insert latest niche ailment here>

Comment

Working...
                                X