Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Angry?

Originally posted by Naughty Nigel View Post
    If true it seems that words and speeding are now seen as being more serious than violent offences. We really have lost the plot.
    Today I heard another mention of speeding bringing a prosecution if only 1mph above the limit.

Remember, when driving, do not be distracted by what is happening on the road, keep your eyes on the speedometer, it's what the police want.

Harold
    The body is willing but the mind is weak.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnheatingman
      I would never buy or lease a BMW or Audi. The requirement to have a Frontal Lobotomy performed prior to collecting the vehicle would definitely put me off owning one.

John
      I had an Audi in the 1970s. The local dealer's knuckle-draggers could never get the timing right on the ignition so I did it myself.

Harold
      The body is willing but the mind is weak.

Comment

Had a gen 1 Audi TT, great little car, regret getting rid of it. Dealers were a bit up themselves though!

Comment

Originally posted by Harold Gough View Post
          Today I heard another mention of speeding bringing a prosecution if only 1mph above the limit.

Remember, when driving, do not be distracted by what is happening on the road, keep your eyes on the speedometer, it's what the police want.

Harold
          My view exactly.

Maybe if we had a blanket 30 MPH limit we could do away with driving tests, MOT's, insurance, airbags and seat belts because accidents would never happen.

I actually think that rigid adherence to speed limits causes more problems than it solves owing to dangerous bunching on motorways, but the authorities cannot see that.

The authorities also seem to have lost sight of why people drive in the first place; to get from A to B as quickly and efficiently as possible. If we all got on the trains or buses as they seem to want the country would grind to a halt on the first day!
          ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

Originally posted by TimP View Post
            Had a gen 1 Audi TT, great little car, regret getting rid of it. Dealers were a bit up themselves though!
            I've got the same engine in my Skoda VRs - it goes like stink. I drove for 50 years with an unblemished driving record. Within 6 months of getting the VRs I was 3 points from a ban!

By far the best car I've ever owned.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Ford View Post
              I've got the same engine in my Skoda VRs - it goes like stink. I drove for 50 years with an unblemished driving record. Within 6 months of getting the VRs I was 3 points from a ban!

By far the best car I've ever owned.

Jim
              You rebel Jim.
              ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

My TT* got me into huge trouble in France, got done for speeding and was marched to the cash dispenser for cash to pay the fine, couldn’t withdraw enough so had to stay in local hotel and get more in morning (after phoning bank for limit increase). Banned from driving in France, so wifey had to drive my precious TT back to ferry port, first time driving on ‘wrong’ side. Boy, that was a frosty couple of hundred miles, that’s for sure. As soon as we entered the ferry port gates we swapped back, much to my relief.

* I suspect it was my driving rather than the car itself!

Comment

I know that feeling all too well.

The first time SWMBO took over driving the current Jag we were on the M6, which was thankfully quiet at the time. We had cruise control set at 70-ish, but she didn't like passing other cars slowly so booted it. 'Aww I like the feel of this' she said with a big grin. 'Now I know why you like driving it so much'. 'Yes' I replied, 'but have you any idea how fast you are driving!'
                  ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

My wife loved the TT and I’ve never heard the last of letting it go. My episode in France was a simple money making exercise I’m convinced. Yes I was ‘making progress’ but the roads were clear, visibility was perfect and conditions were ideal. I reckon I must have paid for one hell of a Christmas party that year in that particular station!

Comment

It was the GB sticker that identified you as a cash donor
                      This space for rent

Comment

Originally posted by DerekW View Post
                        It was the GB sticker that identified you as a cash donor

Comment

---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

Comment

Its a way of life for some people Tim.
                              ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing