Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Political: We're doomed, Captain Mannering...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zuiko
    replied
    Re: Political: We're doomed, Captain Mannering...

Time for a break, I'm closing this thread.

Leave a comment:

• Harold Gough
    replied

Farage is back:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...-brexit-party/

Harold

Leave a comment:

• MJ224
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ricoh
    replied

Going to be a real shame leaving the EU, with partner nations like the civilised French!

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=fr...iw=768&bih=928

Leave a comment:

• Harold Gough
    replied
    Re: Hoarding started ?

Originally posted by Wally View Post
    If things are this bad... I had better stock up with bread. I'm not to keen on cakes.
    Pasta. The Irish will withold potatoes when they get that hard border.

Harold

Leave a comment:

• wornish
    replied

Originally posted by Jim Ford View Post
    So if he's so consistently bad at his job, why is he still in it? Or is there a dark conspiracy at work?

Jim
    I leave that for you to consider

He was mentioned on Question Time last night. The head of the Treasury select committee said out of his last twelve forecasts he got two right. In any other job, he would have been sacked.

Leave a comment:

• Harold Gough
    replied

Originally posted by wornish View Post

The man is an overpaid political puppet, who actually wants the pound to fall.
    He's a complete and utter banker!

Harold

Leave a comment:

• Harold Gough
    replied

Originally posted by Graham_of_Rainham View Post
    Meanwhile, on a tangent to this debate:

If Brexit were a camera system, what would it look like?
    One with a lens cap welded on.

Harold

Leave a comment:

• Wally
    replied

Originally posted by Zuiko View Post
    If I had that much money to spend on wine, I think I would buy 20 bottles at 4 times the price!

If things are this bad... I had better stock up with bread. I'm not to keen on cakes.

Leave a comment:

• Zuiko
    replied

Originally posted by Dave in Wales View Post
    I went into the M&S food section and the huge Tesco's in Carmarthen yesterday.
    There was definitely less on the shelves and some of my regular purchases were absent.

Mentioning this to a check-out lady that I know by sight she related to a customer she had previously served who bought 80 bottles of wine, French and Italian.

When asked if she was having a party, the customer replied...'No, I don't know if I'll still be able to get it come Brexit'

Did I stock-up on anything, no I did not. But there again, I wouldn't tell you lot anyway, would I ?

If I had that much money to spend on wine, I think I would buy 20 bottles at 4 times the price!

Leave a comment:

• Jim Ford
    replied

Originally posted by wornish View Post
    Please tell us all when in the last three or more years when Mark Carney has forecasted anything right?

Or done anything he said he would do?
    So if he's so consistently bad at his job, why is he still in it? Or is there a dark conspiracy at work?

Jim

Leave a comment:

• Zuiko
    replied

Originally posted by pdk42 View Post
    Please Dave - not another Brexit thread! Plenty of turmoil over on the Captain Mainwaring thread.
    Exactly! I want to contain all the Brexit discussions in one place, so I will transfer this thread into the existing one.

Leave a comment:

• pdk42
    replied

Originally posted by Dave in Wales View Post
    There was definitely less on the shelves and some of my regular purchases were absent.

Mentioning this to a check-out lady that I know by sight she related to a customer she had previously served who bought 80 bottles of wine, French and Italian.

When asked if she was having a party, the customer replied...'No, I don't know if I'll still be able to get it come Brexit'

Did I stock-up on anything, no I did not. But there again, I wouldn't tell you lot anyway, would I ?

Please Dave - not another Brexit thread! Plenty of turmoil over on the Captain Mainwaring thread.

Leave a comment:

• Dave in Wales
    replied
    Hoarding started ?

Leave a comment:

• wornish
    replied

Originally posted by Jim Ford View Post
    Yeah - what does Mark Carney know about banking and finance, compared to a bloke on a photography forum?

Jim
    I have never claimed to be an expert in anything just sharing my view.

but .....

Please tell us all when in the last three or more years when Mark Carney has forecasted anything right?

Or done anything he said he would do?

The man is an overpaid political puppet, who actually wants the pound to fall.

People who blindly follow "experts" without question or thinking for themselves and researching beyond their own echo chamber ( clue - it begins with Gu.....n) get what they deserve.

Just sharing my view.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X