Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Political: We're doomed, Captain Mannering...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Political: We're doomed, Captain Mannering...

Originally posted by peak4 View Post
    The trouble is, that from that same web site, (the official vote Leave one) we also have the following; Why Vote Leave?
    <SNIP>
    And next, the most telling for me, given his influential position;
    "There is much to be gained by swerving the whole issue. ......"

And still he continues with the campaign.
    Perhaps that sheds more light on Mr Tusks comments
    The second best post in this thread, Bill. The first being your earlier one!

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Ford View Post
      The second best post in this thread, Bill. The first being your earlier one!

Jim
      The trouble is that it takes a long time to research and come up with a structured line of thought. Is it any wonder that, at the time of the vote, most people, myself included, didn't research as much as maybe we should have?

I don't pretend to understand all of what's been going on, but I'm convinced it's deeply unsavoury>

I'm not wholly opposed to the concept of leaving the EU, but absolutely not in the manner we're trying at the moment.

Off for a beer at a Brexiteer's pub to show I'm trying to be fair about things.
      Best Regards
      Bill

The nearest I have to a home page.
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/peak4/
      They're Watching You!

Comment

Speaking of the Euro... A concern of mine is that if Britain decides to re-join the EU, a few years down the line, the EU will say “Well come and look at our lovely currency”. I can’t stress enough that the ability to print our own money (and a reserve currency at that) is the ultimate sovereignty any nation can have. The Blue passports, control over movement* and mythical trade deals pale into insignificance by comparison.

* Our own, the way things are heading.

Comment

Yeah - what does Mark Carney know about banking and finance, compared to a bloke on a photography forum?

Jim
          I have never claimed to be an expert in anything just sharing my view.

but .....

Please tell us all when in the last three or more years when Mark Carney has forecasted anything right?

Or done anything he said he would do?

The man is an overpaid political puppet, who actually wants the pound to fall.

People who blindly follow "experts" without question or thinking for themselves and researching beyond their own echo chamber ( clue - it begins with Gu.....n) get what they deserve.

Just sharing my view.
          Dave

My Flickr

Comment

• Hoarding started ?

I went into the M&S food section and the huge Tesco's in Carmarthen yesterday.
            There was definitely less on the shelves and some of my regular purchases were absent.

Mentioning this to a check-out lady that I know by sight she related to a customer she had previously served who bought 80 bottles of wine, French and Italian.

When asked if she was having a party, the customer replied...'No, I don't know if I'll still be able to get it come Brexit'

Did I stock-up on anything, no I did not. But there again, I wouldn't tell you lot anyway, would I ?

Comment

• Re: Hoarding started ?

Originally posted by Dave in Wales View Post
              There was definitely less on the shelves and some of my regular purchases were absent.

Mentioning this to a check-out lady that I know by sight she related to a customer she had previously served who bought 80 bottles of wine, French and Italian.

When asked if she was having a party, the customer replied...'No, I don't know if I'll still be able to get it come Brexit'

Did I stock-up on anything, no I did not. But there again, I wouldn't tell you lot anyway, would I ?

Please Dave - not another Brexit thread! Plenty of turmoil over on the Captain Mainwaring thread.
              Paul
              E-M1ii, Pen-F and too many lenses
              flickr
              Portfolio Site
              Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by pdk42 View Post
                Please Dave - not another Brexit thread! Plenty of turmoil over on the Captain Mainwaring thread.
                Exactly! I want to contain all the Brexit discussions in one place, so I will transfer this thread into the existing one.
                John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Originally posted by wornish View Post
                  Please tell us all when in the last three or more years when Mark Carney has forecasted anything right?

Or done anything he said he would do?
                  So if he's so consistently bad at his job, why is he still in it? Or is there a dark conspiracy at work?

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Dave in Wales View Post

If I had that much money to spend on wine, I think I would buy 20 bottles at 4 times the price!
                    John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Originally posted by Zuiko View Post
                      If I had that much money to spend on wine, I think I would buy 20 bottles at 4 times the price!

If things are this bad... I had better stock up with bread. I'm not to keen on cakes.
                      It's not what inspires us that is important, it's where the journey takes us.

Wally and his Collie with our Oly bits & bobs

Comment

Originally posted by Graham_of_Rainham View Post
                        Meanwhile, on a tangent to this debate:

If Brexit were a camera system, what would it look like?
                        One with a lens cap welded on.

Harold
                        The body is willing but the mind is weak.

Comment

Originally posted by wornish View Post

The man is an overpaid political puppet, who actually wants the pound to fall.
                          He's a complete and utter banker!

Harold

Comment

So if he's so consistently bad at his job, why is he still in it? Or is there a dark conspiracy at work?

Jim
                            I leave that for you to consider

He was mentioned on Question Time last night. The head of the Treasury select committee said out of his last twelve forecasts he got two right. In any other job, he would have been sacked.
                            Dave

My Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Wally View Post
                              If things are this bad... I had better stock up with bread. I'm not to keen on cakes.
                              Pasta. The Irish will withold potatoes when they get that hard border.

Harold

Comment

Going to be a real shame leaving the EU, with partner nations like the civilised French!

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=fr...iw=768&bih=928
                                Steve

on flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X