Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Political: We're doomed, Captain Mannering...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Political: We're doomed, Captain Mannering...

Originally posted by Jim Ford View Post
    I saw on the television this evening that if May loses her vote, she would be making a statement.

Does anyone, like me, think that it will be her resignation?

Jim
    I would hope not. The alternatives at present are unthinkable, especially given the dire situation we are now in.

That said, even the most determined PM can only bang his or her head on the metaphorical brick wall for so long.
    ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

Originally posted by wornish View Post
      Please tell us when a leaver on here has shown any hostility to normal Europeans.

I lived in Holland for two years and have friends in Germany, France and the Nordic countries.

I simply voted to leave the EU not close the door on Europe.
      Please dont misrepresent leavers views.
      Finally, finally, a leaver tells us what they did in actuality vote for. Ummm... best of luck with that. The clairvoyant hard Brexiters claim you voted otherwise.

Comment

Why do the politicians make a big play on, "the will of the people"?
        Polls suggest that most folk in the UK favour capital punishment, but parliament ignores them.
        https://news.sky.com/story/most-cons...veals-11194549
        https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2014/08/13/capital-punishment-50-years-favoured```
        So why should they make a big play of it on the Brexit issue? They are not in parliament to do our will, they are there to do what they think best.
        sigpicDave

Comment

Originally posted by sapper View Post
          Polls suggest that most folk in the UK favour capital punishment, but parliament ignores them.
          https://news.sky.com/story/most-cons...veals-11194549
          https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2014/08/13/capital-punishment-50-years-favoured```
          So why should they make a big play of it on the Brexit issue? They are not in parliament to do our will, they are there to do what they think best.

Because they are self serving and trying to figure what might keep them in a job.
          Too much asking them to do the right thing when their employment is on the line.
          Only person who has consistently been speaking any sense is Caroline Lucas.
          If as she says its the will of the people why not put it to them for ratification?

Comment

Originally posted by Naughty Nigel View Post
            I would hope not. The alternatives at present are unthinkable, especially given the dire situation we are now in.

That said, even the most determined PM can only bang his or her head on the metaphorical brick wall for so long.

Comment

This time tomorrow all will be sorted -
              Dave

My Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Ford View Post
                Is olive oil an oxidiser for magnesium (I would have thought not)? I always used potassium permanganate.

Jim
                You're right. Senior moment. It is pot permanganate.

Harold
                The body is willing but the mind is weak.

Comment

Originally posted by sapper View Post
                  It's just another way of saying "democracy" but in a more emotive way.

Harold

Comment

Isn't there supposed to be a preliminary process, before the rising up? When is Easter this year?

Harold

Comment

All the best

Phil
                      https://www.flickr.com/gp/gatekeeperphil/44A3Dc

Comment

Maybe if people with spare cash like that started spending it a bit more then that would help boost the economy and prevent so many firms going under. Or even better if he really does prefer a simple life he could give it away to others to spend for him
                        http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

Comment

I don't get the animosity towards changing our collective mind and staying in the EU

Any financial product you buy has a cooling off period, is this different.
                          If you were offered a great deal on for instance a timeshare then changed your mind in the cold light of day.
                          Would you be wrong for going against your original decision to buy?
                          No doubt the salesman would think so, but you would just think on second thoughts its not the best choice for me/us.

Comment

Originally posted by Tram View Post
                            I don't get the animosity towards changing our collective mind and staying in the EU

Any financial product you buy has a cooling off period, is this different.
                            If you were offered a great deal on for instance a timeshare then changed your mind in the cold light of day.
                            Would you be wrong for going against your original decision to buy?
                            No doubt the salesman would think so, but you would just think on second thoughts its not the best choice for me/us.
                            No wonder we are in such a mess when people compare the Referendum and Brexit to buying a timeshare

Darkroom

Comment

Originally posted by Darkroom View Post
                              No wonder we are in such a mess when people compare the Referendum and Brexit to buying a timeshare

Darkroom
                              The principle of changing ones mind, not the product.

Yesterday I compared you to the Daily Mail whereas the Sunday Sport is probably more accurate.
                              Both full of crap, the latter just slightly more absurd

Comment

Originally posted by Phill D View Post
                                Maybe if people with spare cash like that started spending it a bit more then that would help boost the economy and prevent so many firms going under. Or even better if he really does prefer a simple life he could give it away to others to spend for him
                                https://youtu.be/Xn60ypl_XxI
                                All the best

Phil
                                https://www.flickr.com/gp/gatekeeperphil/44A3Dc

Comment

Working...
                                X