OM1 MKii experience days...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OM1 MKii experience days...

I've just had confirmation of my booking for the day at Duxford through...

http://www.olympus-imagespace.co.uk/...xperience-day/

Seems to be spaces still available.....
    Paul

I didn’t get where I am today....

Re: OM1 MKii experience days...

Imagine them having experince days with an OM1n after all this time !!
    OMD E-M1 OMD E-M5II MMF3 12-40 pro 12-50 EZ 14-42 EZ 9-18 f4.0 -5.6 40 -150f4-f5.6 R 60mm f2.8 macro Sigma 105 f2.8 macro Holga 60mm plastic Holga pinhole lens lens and a XZ-1 Olympus - 35 SP Trip 35 Pen EEs OM2sp

I nice view does not mean a good photograph. My FLickr

Comment

Originally posted by Walti View Post
      I've just had confirmation of my booking for the day at Duxford through...

http://www.olympus-imagespace.co.uk/...xperience-day/

Seems to be spaces still available.....
      Yes, I'm on that one, too. See you there.
      Regards,
      Mark

------------------------------
      http://www.microcontrast.com
      Too much Oly gear.
      Panasonic GM5, 12-32, 12-35, 15, 35-100, Laowa 7.5.
      Assorted legacy lenses, plus a Fuji X70 & a Sony A7S.

Comment

Originally posted by drmarkf View Post
        Yes, I'm on that one, too. See you there.
        Great! Look forwards to it!
        Paul

Comment

Originally posted by alfbranch View Post
          Imagine them having experince days with an OM1n after all this time !!
          Anyone who needs a day to learn to use an OM1n should take up watching paint dry as a hobby rather than photography.
          It's the image that's important, not the tools used to make it.

David M's Photoblog

Comment

Originally posted by Johnheatingman
            Still got my OM1n in mint condition and yes, it was much easier to use than the current mind boggling digital menu systems.

John
            Still got my OM1 from 1976 although it's far from mint having had a hard life.
            It's the image that's important, not the tools used to make it.

David M's Photoblog

Comment

I just got confirmation I got a place at Duxford too Olympus.
              Really chuffed
              Mark, Walti look forward to meeting you both. Really glad you posted this thread Walti, I'd have missed it if you hadn't.
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

Comment

Originally posted by David M View Post
                Anyone who needs a day to learn to use an OM1n should take up watching paint dry as a hobby rather than photography.
                Excuse me but watching paint drying is fascinating. In fact I have made a career of it having spent the past forty years or so watching various types of paint drying on substrates from ships to aircraft to furniture to trains and motor cars, and it never ceases to fascinate me.

Better still, sometimes it doesn't dry, which is when things get really interesting. Causes can range from simple solvent entrapment to more complex problems such as oxygen inhibition or moisture contamination in unsaturated polyester resins or lack of mobility in epoxy resins owing to low temperatures. The cure of epoxies can also be inhibited by styrene monomer if applied over incompletely cured GRP (often incorrectly referred to as fibreglass) composites.

Then there are conventional alkyds, which are another type of polyester, although better known to most people as enamels. These dry by absorbing oxygen from the atmosphere to from a loosely cross-linked polymer. Excessive thickness often causes problems because the paint (or varnish) cannot through-dry. However, alkyds never stop drying, which is why they gradually become harder and more brittle until they eventually flake off.

And there is another problem: the oxygen free radicals formed by this process cause yellowing of the paint unless it is regularly exposed to light; which is why the white paint in the cupboard under the stairs, and on skirting boards where it is covered by carpet, rapidly become yellow, whereas the same paint applied outdoors remains brilliant white.
                ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

Nice one.

"One man's meat is anothers poison" or "chacun a son gout".
                  Peter

she looked at me and said "It's official. I hate your camera. It's just so amazing and perfect I want one!"

E-M10 MK II, E-M5, E-PL1, E-PM2, mZ 12-50, mZ 14-42mm EZ, mZ 17mm f 1.8, mZ 25mm f1.8, mZ 45mm f1.8, mZ 75-300mm II.
                  OM1n, OM 50mm f1.8.
                  Oly Viewer3, Dxo Pro 11. FastStone.

Comment

That was actually fascinating Nigel thanks. Yes I was being serious.
                    http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

Comment

Originally posted by Naughty Nigel View Post
                      Excuse me but watching paint drying is fascinating. In fact I have made a career of it having spent the past forty years or so watching various types of paint drying on substrates from ships to aircraft to furniture to trains and motor cars, and it never ceases to fascinate me.

Better still, sometimes it doesn't dry, which is when things get really interesting. Causes can range from simple solvent entrapment to more complex problems such as oxygen inhibition or moisture contamination in unsaturated polyester resins or lack of mobility in epoxy resins owing to low temperatures. The cure of epoxies can also be inhibited by styrene monomer if applied over incompletely cured GRP (often incorrectly referred to as fibreglass) composites.

Then there are conventional alkyds, which are another type of polyester, although better known to most people as enamels. These dry by absorbing oxygen from the atmosphere to from a loosely cross-linked polymer. Excessive thickness often causes problems because the paint (or varnish) cannot through-dry. However, alkyds never stop drying, which is why they gradually become harder and more brittle until they eventually flake off.

And there is another problem: the oxygen free radicals formed by this process cause yellowing of the paint unless it is regularly exposed to light; which is why the white paint in the cupboard under the stairs, and on skirting boards where it is covered by carpet, rapidly become yellow, whereas the same paint applied outdoors remains brilliant white.
                      Friend of a friend is a chemist for the paint manufacturers near Liverpool (Crown?) - he has equally riveting stories for parties!

('tis really interesting..)
                      Paul

Comment

I'm at Peckforton Castle next Wednesday. I will be en route from the Lake District to Bristol!

Looking forward to meeting Damian 'The Big Dog' McGillicuddy and some birds of prey. Sounds an interesting combination
                        Steve
                        My Flickr: https://flic.kr/ps/HRVVS

"If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something" - Steven Wright

Comment

Gone down with shingles over the weekend, which has affected my right arm and hand, to the point I can't operate the switches on the camera easily! I just hope it's cleared up enough by the experience day, though the NHS website is suitably cheerful on the subject.... rash can take 4 weeks to clear and pain can last for weeks after rash 😢
                          Paul

Comment

Fingers crossed for you Walti

(specially as it's probably rather difficult/painful for you to cross your own )

John

Comment

Ouch! That's bad luck.
                              I hope it clears up in time.
                              Regards,
                              Mark

------------------------------
                              http://www.microcontrast.com
                              Too much Oly gear.
                              Panasonic GM5, 12-32, 12-35, 15, 35-100, Laowa 7.5.
                              Assorted legacy lenses, plus a Fuji X70 & a Sony A7S.

Comment

Working...
                              X