X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wally
    replied
    Re: Johnson not standing!

Food for thought? You can find an alternative argument to the above video(s) which is quite frightening. It does hoever, bear out another (conspiracy) theory regards who really runs politics whether here or there? Scary stuff indeed, especially the Richard von Coudenhove-Kalergi Prize item..

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoyM-g1DS4U[/ame]

Leave a comment:

• peak4
    replied

Originally posted by Wally View Post
    The underlying question with regard to the above video is, if the truth is as was explained - I have no problems with the veracity of the speaker - then why did the Remain Group not take the Out Group to task over it? Highlighting the outright lies and deceit, would surely have been a better addition the to their cause than just the continuous doom and gloom?
    One does wonder that, particularly when another one of his videos was released prior to the vote; 14th June.
    Another 20 minutes of your time before Sunday lunch;
    [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USTypBKEd8Y"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USTypBKEd8Y[/ame]

Leave a comment:

• Wally
    replied

The underlying question with regard to the above video is, if the truth is as was explained - I have no problems with the veracity of the speaker - then why did the Remain Group not take the Out Group to task over it? Highlighting the outright lies and deceit, would surely have been a better addition the to their cause than just the continuous doom and gloom?

DC stepping down as he did was a bonus which has given time for thought and revelations to the underhand goals that certain people have now brought into the light. However, reading about GO's petulence over being askes to apologise for facts which were proved grossly incorrect, doesn't fill me with hope for the future. The future of the whole of the UK is what is at stake and not 5 year transient politicians ego.

Reluctantly, I am in agreement with John / Zuiko as the facts coming to light are seemingly proving that the process of democracy was hijacked by individuals with no moral compass.

Not a sobering thought to think that the same may still be allowed to remain active in future politics.

Leave a comment:

• DerekW
    replied

plus better guidelines, the percentage of the population voting and that significant majority of the total population eg 60% have voted for exit.

The issue is too big for just a simple majority of voters.

Leave a comment:

• Zuiko
    replied

Originally posted by peak4 View Post
    It really is well worth listening to, whichever way you voted.
    Fortunately It's also on youtube; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dosmKwrAbI
    A huge slice of reality. I'm becoming evermore convinced that the ONLY fair and practical way forward is to hold a second referendum. If the result is still the same, even after the lies and deception of the Leave campaigners have been exposed, then so be it.

Leave a comment:

• Wally
    replied

is proved correct, then I'm all for cutting short their current political careers along with any others careers thay may have lined up and their gonads ASAP.

Leave a comment:

• peak4
    replied

Originally posted by Harold Gough View Post
    Can't read it, so can't comment.

Harold
    Originally posted by Jim Ford View Post
    It's a video on Facebook. I don't have a FB account and I can view it.

(Persevere - it's very interesting)

Jim
    It really is well worth listening to, whichever way you voted.
    Fortunately It's also on youtube; [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dosmKwrAbI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dosmKwrAbI[/ame]

Leave a comment:

• Jim Ford
    replied

It's a video on Facebook. I don't have a FB account and I can view it.

(Persevere - it's very interesting)

Jim

Leave a comment:

• Harold Gough
    replied

Originally posted by Graham_of_Rainham View Post
    By whatever definition of FRAUD you wish to use, the Brexit campaigners need to be made to account for their actions and the statements they made:

Harold

Leave a comment:

• Miketoll
    replied

Originally posted by Jim Ford View Post
    Where do the Liberal Democrats fit into all this (you do remember them, don't you)?

Jim
    I vaguely remember reading somewhere that they want to rejoin the EU.

Leave a comment:

• Graham_of_Rainham
    replied

By whatever definition of FRAUD you wish to use, the Brexit campaigners need to be made to account for their actions and the statements they made:

Leave a comment:

• DerekW
    replied

I would expect the thread title to have a NSFW warning if used in the Land of the Brave

Leave a comment:

• Naughty Nigel
    replied

As an aside, I wonder what any Americans might make of the title of this topic.

Harold
    Given their choices I should imagine they would be quite envious of our politicians.

Maybe we could export some under a new trade agreement?

Leave a comment:

• Naughty Nigel
    replied

In the words of the old Prayer Book I would say we were 'quietly governed' under David Cameron.

Whilst David Cameron clearly had his faults there was none of the dogma of Maggie Thatcher or Tony Blair, and much more dynamism than John Major or Gordon Brown. Indeed, Mr Cameron seemed genuinely keen to reach consensus wherever a consensus was possible. Perhaps that was his undoing. Perhaps a leader like Maggie Thatcher would have handbagged the EU mandarins until she secures a better deal for the UK, but that is just supposition on my part.

Let's just hope that whoever follows can live continue in a similar vein, and without drama. A good sense of humour would also help.

Leave a comment:

• Harold Gough
    replied

As an aside, I wonder what any Americans might make of the title of this topic.

Harold

Leave a comment:

Working...
X