New Mirrorless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Mirrorless

By way of trying to balance my outpourings of despondency and anger elsewhere in the Lounge I thought this http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-36598977 is rather telling.

I was discussing mirrorless cameras with some DSLR users I recently met, who's first question was am I Canon or Nikon, and said to them why would you not what the advantages of mirrorless. They did not have an answer other than the implication that they are not real camera's! Perhaps this will help them think again.

Hec
    I've worked hard to be this grumpy. It hasn't been easy at times but it's worth it.

Re: New Mirrorless

Saved a bit of room for the mirror box, but the lenses are still massive!
    Stuff from Cuba
    More stuff from Cuba
    It all started here

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy Hec View Post
      By way of trying to balance my outpourings of despondency and anger elsewhere in the Lounge I thought this http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-36598977 is rather telling.

I was discussing mirrorless cameras with some DSLR users I recently met, who's first question was am I Canon or Nikon, and said to them why would you not what the advantages of mirrorless. They did not have an answer other than the implication that they are not real camera's! Perhaps this will help them think again.

Hec
      At the moment DSLRs have far superior CAF which for some people is very important and is the one reason I still have Canon gear as well as my Olly gear. This advantage will no doubt be eroded to the point where it is insignificant at which point I will be happy to go completely mirror-less but not until. DSL CAF is still improving too so it is a moving target for mirror-less cameras.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagletorque View Post
        Saved a bit of room for the mirror box, but the lenses are still massive!
        The lenses are NOT massive considering the size of the sensor, this system will naturally not be for the 'masses' and neither is that it's target market. It has been designed to turn the world of medium format digital 'on it's head' and put Hasselblad at the front of MF photography again, that I am certain it will.

I used to own a 39MP Hasselblad H3DII, and while the detail captured was simply 'breathtaking' , its 4/3 sensor being EIGHT times larger than M4/3, it was rather heavy for lugging up a mountain. For a MF format 'landscape' photographer this camera may well prove to be a revelation.

Kind regards, Simon
        “Sharpness is a bourgeois concept”
        ― Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

Working...
        X
        Scroll To Top Scroll To Center Scroll To Bottom