Olympus Service & Brexit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Olympus Service & Brexit?

Back to the OPs question: not much. Companies and countries will want to trade with us.

Anyway, looks like we have a friend in Donald Trump, they won't want to upset our friend Donald!
    Steve

on flickr

Comment

What a complete and utter load of crap

Comment

OK - So how long before Spain invades Gibraltar and Argentina has another crack at the Falklands?

Two years after full exit, 2 months after full exit?????
        This space for rent

Comment

I can't get the image of two unnaturally blonde men heading up the Special Relationship, one of whom thinks the other's surname means "fart" while the other thinks "penis" out of my head
          Colin
          "Don't blame me..."

Comment

Comment

Spain and Argentina are basket cases, you have just seen real democracy in action, there is already talk of other EU countries wanting a similar referendum, let the people speak and you will hear the true voice of the people, let the politicians speak and all you get is lies.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Ford View Post
                I didn't know Boris Johnson played golf. What's his handicap?

Jim
                Joined-up thinking?
                John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Originally posted by pvasc View Post
                  you just got your country back.
                  No, I just lost any chance of my country vetoing new rules in the EU.
                  We'll still have to comply with all the rules to trade in Europe, at least unless the rest of the EU crumbles, so even this 'Sovereignty gain' is negative IMO.

Brexit coming close on the heals of my Mother dying, has made this week by FAR the worst in my life.
                  Mike
                  Compulsive photographic Dabbler.
                  Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Petrochemist View Post
                    No, I just lost any chance of my country vetoing new rules in the EU.
                    We'll still have to comply with all the rules to trade in Europe, at least unless the rest of the EU crumbles, so even this 'Sovereignty gain' is negative IMO.

Brexit coming close on the heals of my Mother dying, has made this week by FAR the worst in my life.
                    I'm really sorry for the loss of your mother & it sure doesn't help when others thing turn out negative in life to go with it.
                    Ross
                    I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
                    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
                    Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
                    Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
                    Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
                    Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

Originally posted by Petrochemist View Post
                      ?..I just lost any chance of my country vetoing new rules in the EU.
                      A good number of voters will be regretting their choice and angry with the politicians who fed them lies when they informed the electorate that immigration could be controlled.. The Conservative MEP Daniel Hannon was interviewed by Evan Davis on last night's 'news night'. When questioned about controlling immigration levels and having an 'associate membership' of the EU, Hannon conceded the UK would not be able to control immigration. Davis was almost iridescent - I've not seen such a reaction from the mild mannered interviewer before. And to make matters worse, we now have the threat of the Union becomming dismantled and potentially an escalation of trouble in Nothern Ireland.

The genie is well and truly out of the bottle! I just wish we could push him back in!
                      Steve

on flickr

Comment

Brexit is a disaster for Britain. Cameron will go down in history as the PM who scuppered the UK and led it to the beginning of terminal decline. It's 100% clear that Brexit will cause a recession and it will be long lasting for the simple reason that all this change brings uncertainty and the last thing business investment needs is uncertainty.

And the level of change will be enormous. It's a foregone conclusion that Scotland will demand a new independence referendum and in all likelihood win it. Then there'll be at least 5 years of uncertainty over our EU break with all manner of things to be undone after 40 years of membership. Top that with concerns over renewed violence in NI and you've got a perfect storm.

And what do we get for all this? - very little. Likely no real change in immigration, smaller economy so less money in government coffers (the loss of tax revenue due to a 0.6% drop in GDP will wipe out the EU levies), and worst of all a country led by Boris, Gove et al with Farage egging them on. Ask yourself who among world political leaders supports our leave decision - and you'll find a short list headed by Putin, Trump, LePen etc. That should tell you everything.

I can't remember a time when I've been so depressed and embarrassed to be British.
                        Paul
                        E-M1ii, Pen-F and too many lenses
                        flickr
                        Portfolio Site
                        Instagram

Comment

WE now have a new name for a person who is a bit Tup, easily led and has no inquisitorial thinking capability - a Brexiteer
                          This space for rent

Comment

If it can be shown to be deceipt and lies, surely a re-run of the referendum would be morally justifiable. Someone has to try to save the nation. A trial court case, possibly?
                            I see Moody's have marked the UK's credit rating down as negative.
                            Steve

on flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Ricoh View Post
                              If it can be shown to be deceipt and lies, surely a re-run of the referendum would be morally justifiable. Someone has to try to save the nation. A trial court case, possibly?
                              I see Moody's have marked the UK's credit rating down as negative.
                              That would be morally the 'right' way but protocol & politics (& politicians) will probably make that pretty difficult for it to happen. Look at the saga that happened in Greece. It was an obviously necessary backdown but one with a greater cost than before (that is if I have that right). I fear if there is a reversal that it certainly won't come without quite some cost.

I would also think, any talk of reversing the outcome would have to come from the "Leave" camp, but what is the likelihood of that?
                              Ross
                              Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.

Comment

Well, maybe it might happen. (BBC News)

Million sign petition for new EU referendum
                                Ross

Comment

Working...
                                X