I'm coming out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm coming out!

To avoid clogging the "For Sale" thread(s) I have going, and t answer questions, yes, I'm changing my main system.

For reasons of my own, I'm going over to Fuji, rather as Brian Vickers has. Nothing wrong with Olympus at all - they make fine lenses and cameras, but the Fuji system better suits the way I'm moving.

I'm keeping my Pen and a couple of lenses for pocket work, so sorry, but I'll still be here (if you'll have me).
    Stephen

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, + Leica and Bronica film

My Flickr site

Re: I'm coming out!

Stephen out of curiosity what does the Fuji system offer that the Olympus doesn't ?
    Paul

Comment

Out of courtesy to Olympus, who after all fund this forum, I'm not prepared to "go public" here on my reasons, but I'll pm you.
      Stephen

My Flickr site

Comment

Ah ha, I knew it
        Stephen I'd also be interested to hear, as you probably know I'm also keen on Fujifilm myself.
        Good to hear that you will still be around though.
        Regards Huw

Olympus equipment
        Capture One Pro
        My flickr

Comment

As above. !
          Ed

Live life in the slow lane.

Comment

I thought you'd go back to Canon so you could use your OM lenses.
            It's the image that's important, not the tools used to make it.

David M's Photoblog

Comment

Originally posted by David M View Post
              I thought you'd go back to Canon so you could use your OM lenses.
              I've got a Fuji/OM adaptor ...
              Stephen

My Flickr site

Comment

Good luck with the change, Stephen, I hope it works well for you. Glad to hear you will still have a foot in the Olympus camp and won't be leaving us completely.
                John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Whatever works for you Stephen. It's only gear after all! All that matters is the image really (and maybe the experience along the way).
                  Paul
                  E-M1ii, Pen-F and too many lenses
                  flickr
                  Portfolio Site
                  Instagram

Comment

It's a shame that this excellent forum is Olympus related as it's so good.
                    I've not switched through any fault or dislike of Olympus, it's a hard decision to make.
                    But there are features of fuji that I prefer.
                    By the way....I hope my comments are not unwelcome ...my only qualification to write here is that I still own a 12-50 mm lens!
                    see my blog... http://www.rps.org/my-rps/portfolio
                    and flickr page...http://www.flickr.com/photos/brianvickers/

Comment

Originally posted by brianvickers View Post
                      It's a shame that this excellent forum is Olympus related as it's so good.
                      I've not switched through any fault or dislike of Olympus, it's a hard decision to make.
                      But there are features of fuji that I prefer.
                      By the way....I hope my comments are not unwelcome ...my only qualification to write here is that I still own a 12-50 mm lens!
                      Thank goodness this forum is more relaxed about this sort of thing Brian.
                      The Pentax User forum (good that it was) which I frequented mostly when I had my 'Pentax' gear was not so accommodating, to the point where discussing other brands would sometimes result in posts being censored/deleted, all rather petty really.
                      Mind you I still pop in there ever so often to see how things are developing.
                      Regards Huw

Olympus equipment
                      Capture One Pro
                      My flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Greytop View Post
                        Thank goodness this forum is more relaxed about this sort of thing Brian.
                        The Pentax User forum (good that it was) which I frequented mostly when I had my 'Pentax' gear was not so accommodating, to the point where discussing other brands would sometimes result in posts being censored/deleted, all rather petty really.
                        Mind you I still pop in there ever so often to see how things are developing.
                        I bet there are some interesting discussions on the Sweets Collection.
                        Ross
                        I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
                        Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
                        Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
                        Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
                        Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
                        Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

Originally posted by pdk42 View Post
                          Whatever works for you Stephen. It's only gear after all! All that matters is the image really (and maybe the experience along the way).
                          I'd agree, an eye for composition is the biggest determinant on the outcome of taking photographs, some have it, but some like me have to work on it. I'm lucky as my current 'gear' is way better than my ability, so no changing kit for me in the foreseeable future.
                          Steve

on flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Ross the fiddler View Post
                            I bet there are some interesting discussions on the Sweets Collection.
                            Oh yes, that publicity (photoshopped stock photo) is a hot topic at the moment
                            Regards Huw

Olympus equipment
                            Capture One Pro
                            My flickr

Comment

Originally posted by brianvickers View Post

....I hope my comments are not unwelcome ...
                              Not at all, Brian, you're still a valued member of this forum and still a potential future customer of Olympus. I'm sure that they would rather retain your interest, with the opportunity to win you back in the future, than lose you completely.

As for only having one lens left, it proves how popular Olympus gear is that you've sold so much in such a short time!
                              John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Working...
                              X