X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alfbranch
    replied
    Re: Might be of interest to E-1 fans

Ian's article in AP about old Pentax DSLR may interest those of you with an E-1 bout how much the latest software can help.

Leave a comment:

• Ianf
    replied

Originally posted by Stewart G View Post
    Nice flyin' machines! Do you have the old version 40-150? And if so, do you like it? Am thinking of getting one as they're so cheap, for the brighter aperture.
    to be honest I use it very little, but I know if I sell it I`ll need it !

Leave a comment:

• Ulfric M Douglas
    replied

Who's E-1 did I buy?
    Its great.
    Repost!

Leave a comment:

• Stewart G
    replied

Nice flyin' machines! Do you have the old version 40-150? And if so, do you like it? Am thinking of getting one as they're so cheap, for the brighter aperture.

Leave a comment:

• Ianf
    replied

Love my E1

Leave a comment:

• Stewart G
    replied

Here's a very dull photograph that surprised me in how the E-1 could handle the shadows behind the lights (more or less) as well as the sunlight out the windows.
    With the 9-18, I think at 9mm

And a close up from today, using the 14-54mk1

Both photos are just quickies, but I hope encourage folks who haven't, to give the E-1 a try

Leave a comment:

• Peter_Hartland
    replied

Very interesting article, I recall looking at the same camera & for the exact same reasons decided to stay with Canon, now almost switched entirely to OM-D EM1 & 5 even if I haven't sold all my gear haven't used the Canon now for 14 months.

Leave a comment:

• David M
    replied

I've found an E-1 and E-500 bodies for $250 CDN for the pair. If they're still listed next weekend I may make an offer.

Leave a comment:

• kc5854
    replied

i am still trying to get hold of an e-1, want to play around with the kodak sensor.
    (under sun light)

Leave a comment:

• Stewart G
    replied

Blinded by love....i think that's my problem!

Leave a comment:

• Stewart G
    replied

It's an affectionate article, tho there's nothing I'd call nostalgic about an E-1. It's simply a better camera for those who prefer using it, even today. For me, the resolution is more than enough, the lcd plenty large enough, too. And the technical features that have been surpassed by modern cameras are still quite enough technology for me. And it doesn't hurt that I could buy seven mint E-1s for what an EM-1 costs. In fact I just bought my "1" a ten year birthday present: a nearly new 14-54 mk1. A happy reunion...

Leave a comment:

• JohnGG
    replied

By strange coincidence I used my E-1 today for the first time since last August. I love how quiet it is compared to the E-3 or E-5 and how naturally it seems to sit in the hand. I did struggle a little with manual focus using the OM 90mm f/2 because the viewfinder magnification is lower but that could just be my eyes getting older

I also had the E-M1 along with me as I now have the MF-2 adaptor and I was impressed at how easy manual focussing was with the EVF. I didn't switch on any of the aids so it will be interesting to give them a whirl another day to see what they do.

Cheers,

JohnGG

Leave a comment:

• Homer Simpson
    replied

Hopefully this post might start up some chat about the E1.
    I'm lonely over there viewing that forum segment

I keep eyeing up the latest stuff folks here keep raving about but I've only got to handle my E1 and think Nah!
    The E1 far out functions my ability and I'm old enough & wise enough to know you can't buy skill.

I took the E520 to Rome in September and it still blows me away, so sorry Olympus you won't be getting any more money out of me.

Leave a comment:

• pvasc
    replied

Here are a couple from this afternoon. Resolution not to bad. I may have over sharpened the second one a bit.

Leave a comment:

• snag2000
    replied

I've often thought about picking up an E-1 - the only thing that has stopped me is a concern about the resolution, but it's probably a concern over nothing. I imagine the cameras have probably depreciated as far as they're going to, so you're unlikely to lose much by picking one up and selling again later.

Since I've decided against going micro 4/3 for now, maybe I'll pick up some old 4/3 bodies instead - I could buy an E-1, E-5, E-300 & E-400 for the price of an EM-1…

Mike

Leave a comment:

Working...
X