X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naughty Nigel
    replied
    Re: New OM- D E M1

Does the OM- D E M1 (or indeed the E M5) allow high speed flash synch using the FL50-R flashgun, or similar?

I ask this because I am very interested in OM- D E M5, which seems to be an ideal candidate for a project that I am working on.

Also, how would noise from these cameras compare with my E5 in low light conditions?

Leave a comment:

• Ian
    replied

Originally posted by pvasc View Post
    200-25600, with a LOW setting of ISO100, I think that's a tweaked ISO 200. Looks like one stop better than E-M5.
    1 stop in the ISO range and another in the shutter speed which maxes out at 1/8000th.

Ian

Leave a comment:

• Leebutler80
    replied

I'm really disappointed, was hoping that Olympus would of looked after its 4/3 market better. After all they did promise us a 4/3 replacement & micro 4/3, OMD is just too small in my hands to feel comfortable and hooking up my 90-250 is just going to look ridiculous.

At least I can still enjoy my e5 and save my money for a rainy day

Leave a comment:

• Olybirder
    replied

My E-30 has the swivelling LCD but I don't think I have ever used it. The non-swivelling version on the EM-1 would be fine for me.

Ron

Leave a comment:

• Ulfric M Douglas
    replied

You are likely to get a swivelly LCD if Panasonic buy into the new sensor (like they did on GH3) for another flagship model.

Leave a comment:

• sapper
    replied

Originally posted by josephlck View Post
    Do you mean if it tilts up and down? If you look at Robin Wong's review, it looks like it does.
    No, I mean it doesn't swivel like the one on the E5 which opens out and can be swivelled to any angle.

Leave a comment:

• josephlck
    replied

Originally posted by Grumpy Hec View Post
    Thanks Guys. The Olympus info just says "Low approx 100".

A bit vague to see the least.

Hec
    Assuming it's like the E-M1 and the P5, the native ISO of the lens is 200. They then use electronic trickery to bring it down (hence approx 100). Basically, the best image quality is reached at 200 and LOW should only be used for a particular shutter speed/aperture combo.

Leave a comment:

• Grumpy Hec
    replied

Thanks Guys. The Olympus info just says "Low approx 100".

A bit vague to see the least.

Still, it is not a deal breaker so I won't get too hung up about it as the list of pro's far exceeds, by the proverbial country mile, the con's as far as the spec is concerned.

The smartphone app is even available for a proper OS ( Android ) as well as iOS so that's good for those of us who like to use cable release type gizmo's.

Can't wait to try one out.

Wonder how long we will have to wait to process the .orf files in Adobe Raw?

Hec

Leave a comment:

• josephlck
    replied

Originally posted by sapper View Post
    Just seen this on FB.

A bit disappointed as it doesn't seem to have a swivelling screen as the E 5.
    Do you mean if it tilts up and down? If you look at Robin Wong's review, it looks like it does.

Leave a comment:

• pvasc
    replied

Thanks guys I honestly don't remember where I saw it, I think it was on the Oly site. Or in one of the reviews.

Leave a comment:

• sapper
    replied

Thanks guys.

Leave a comment:

• Olybirder
    replied

Also in the Specifications section of this review.

Ron

Leave a comment:

• Melaka
    replied

or this http://www.olympus.co.uk/site/en/c/c...fications.html

Leave a comment:

• Melaka
    replied

Try this http://cameras.olympus.com/en-gb/omd

Leave a comment:

• sapper
    replied

Originally posted by pvasc View Post
    200-25600, with a LOW setting of ISO100, I think that's a tweaked ISO 200. Looks like one stop better than E-M5.
    Thanks, where did you get this info, I have searched high and low but cannot find it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X