Olympus service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olympus service

Sent my camera for a service turnround from me posting was eleven days good service I think. I asked about full sized E system bodies got the old reply as below.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally, regarding the future of the four thirds system, please be advised that we received the following statement in August 2012:

Akira Watenabe, manager of Olympus Imaging's SLR planning department, confirmed today that the company is definitely working on a body to deliver the focusing performance expected by users of the Top Pro lens series like the ground breaking 90-250 f2 fixed aperture zoom.

Watenabe has been delighted with the success of the OM-D which has pushed the boundaries of performance for system cameras but acknowledged that it did not deliver with the legacy high end lenses from the E-System. Whilst further information were not forthcoming, he was keen to emphasise that Olympus is actively developing a solution and will announce more details in due course.

Unfortunately we have yet to hear anything further, therefore I am unable to confirm exactly when a new body will be released.

May just be the standard line?
    Ed

Live life in the slow lane.

Re: Olympus service

Every time I hear this response, I give thanks that I still have the top of the range 4/3 camera....
    Peter J

OM-D E-M1 OMD-E-M5ii Various Olympus lenses

Comment

Working...
    X