• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Good News

Well done John, richly deserved.

CONGRATULATIONS
    Peter

she looked at me and said "It's official. I hate your camera. It's just so amazing and perfect I want one!"

E-M10 MK II, E-M5, E-PL1, E-PM2, mZ 12-50, mZ 14-42mm EZ, mZ 17mm f 1.8, mZ 25mm f1.8, mZ 45mm f1.8, mZ 75-300mm II.
    OM1n, OM 50mm f1.8.
    Oly Viewer3, Dxo Pro 11. FastStone.

Comment

Very well done John, great news
      Regards Huw

Olympus equipment
      Capture One Pro
      My flickr

Comment

Many congratulations from here as well, John. Having seen your work I reckon you must have cleared the bar with ample daylight to spare.

And I will echo the advice to anyone who is thinking about it to get along to an advisory day. You get to see what other people are thinking about submitting, can present your own work for an informakl assessment and hear the experienced panellists talk about all of them.

Ciao ... John

Comment

Well done, John, you richly deserve it.....

Comment

I've now posted my panel, as a seperate thread in Foto Fair: http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthre...788#post127788
            John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Excellent news John a very well deserved too
              My Flickr Home Page

Comment

Thanks for all the kind comments, guys.
                John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Temple-Fry

But I suspect by the end of the day (or perhaps tomorrow) you'll hold a much more prestigious position.

Nick
                  I was right, John (Zuiko) is now e-groups top poster with 5087 posts, compared with John (theMusicMan) 5078 posts.

Congratulations again

Nick
                  Nick Temple-Fry

Medicine as a science ranks somewhere between archaeology and economics.

www.theChurchPhotographer.co.uk 90 Churches -- Fairford St Mary's, exceptionally splendid
                  www.temple-fry.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Temple-Fry View Post
                    I was right, John (Zuiko) is now e-groups top poster with 5087 posts, compared with John (theMusicMan) 5078 posts.

Congratulations again

Nick
                    Good grief, my post count has suddenly shot up! Obviously every picture uploaded to the gallery counts as a post - I didn't realize that.

5000 posts is just ridiculous, obviously the sign of a mis-spent middle age in much the same way as being good at snooker was once regarded as the sign of a mis-spent youth!
                    John

Comment

Many congratulations John. Well deserved. The panel is absolutely splendid. Perhaps I should take up Morris Dancing instead of photography
                      David

Flickr

Comment

Congratulations!
                        Cindy

Cameras: EM1 MK2 and Mk1, E-620, E-410, Om4Ti
                        Lenses: 12-60, 50-200, Panny 100-400, 9-18, ZD 50mm, 14-54 Mk1, 70-300, 40-150, 14-42, OM 50mm F3.5 macro
                        Also: EC14, EX25, FS35, Vanguard tripod, and far too many bags!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        "The air of heaven is that which flows between a horse's ears...."

Comment

Working...
                        X