Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interested? Possible Future Sale

Hi everyone

After turning down a Sigma 50-500mm for being to heavy I jumped straight onto a 300mm F4 IS thinking it was a fair bit lighter. I now realise my rather stupid mistake , for some reason I thought it was about 1250grams with the tripod adapter attached. However as I now realise after re-reading and using the lens its 1250g PLUS tripod adapter. My situation is that I am not supposed to carry / lift too much weight for a pretty lengthy time after having a big operation at the end of last year. It appears to be a great lens so I am going to see how things go and be extra careful over the next couple of weeks. There is a chance, ( especially if my wife keeps frowning at me) that I may have to not use it. Therefore if that becomes the case I would put it up for sale and look at my options again.( I really ought to learn my lesson and check things out fully before buying them)!
    Anyway its just at this stage a very casual heads up in case anyone is potentially looking to buy one of these lenses in the near future.
    Kind Regards
    Tim

Re: Possible Future Sale

Tim, the tripod adaptor is only about 200g but it's detachable, so unless you're using the lens on a tripod, there's no need to bear the weight whilst taking hand held photos.
    On the other hand, have you thought about leaving it on and using a monopod for support until you've recovered a bit more?
    Best Regards
    Bill

The nearest I have to a home page.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/peak4/
    They're Watching You!

Comment

Hi Bill
      I am going to try a few different things at the weekend, I have got a monopod somewhere which I could try . I think Im just going to have to be very careful, I am trying to avoid the dreaded hernia which has a high strike rate after my type of operation! I am also going to detach the battery grip from the E-M1 and see how I go. Thanks for the advice.
      Kind Regards
      Tim

Comment

Hope it works out Tim it would be a shame if you can't use it.
        On the other hand I doubt you would have much trouble selling such a superb lens. Fingers crossed you don't have to though.
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

Comment

Thanks , I hope it works out to. I just need to overcome the wife's frowns I think! Regards Tim

Comment

Hope you continue to mend Tim, and that you'll be using the lens without risk.

Jim

Comment

Thanks Jim, I probably need to be a bit more careful in general. Its so easy to just pick things up without thinking of the weight etc, even silly things like bits of shopping. My wife is constantly telling me off!
              Regards
              Tim

Comment

I guess that there's a fine line between exercising the healing tissues to build them up and strengthen them, and overdoing it and damaging them.

Jim

Comment

I'd absolutely love one of these (or even the Oly 300 f/2.8 !) but fear even used it's out of my price range.

Comment

Good luck with it. I hope you get used to it. It's not the lightest thing; I borrowed one on an Olympic test and wow. I liked it but wasn't able to hand hold it like some do [sore shoulder]. Lovely lens. They have sold on Talk Photography so I am sure you would get a buyer. I might even be interested!

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    Scroll To Top Scroll To Center Scroll To Bottom