Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 50-200 SWD Lens

Originally posted by David M View Post
    I just checked current prices in Canada, it's gone up $250 CDN since I got mine.
    At one point the price went up everywhere. Its due to the strong yen.
    E-M1 mk II
    12mm f/2 | 17mm f/1.2 | 17mm f/1.8 | 25mm f1.8 | 45mm f1.8 | 9-18mm | 14-150mm

Comment

Are we talking about the SWD version?

According to my research there were no such prices recently on eBay for the SWD version (I checked the completed listings:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Cameras-Ph...d&LH_PrefLoc=2

Anyway, I am not ready to further lower the price for my lens yet.
      I need the cash, just not that badly.
      After breaking through the technology barrier,
      you run into the barrier of accepted wisdom.
      -Yoshihisa Maitani

Comment

The western world is obsessed with getting the best deal. Its our #1 sport. Whoever gets the most expensive item cheapest, wins! It goes well with our #2 sport, which is buying stuff.

At one point, I was super obsessed with getting the cheapest airplane ticket. Checking, waiting, checking, waiting. Then I realised - how many hours have I spent doing this?? £530 or £460? Even at minimum wage, I bet you're better off doing something productive than try to find these bargains.
        E-M1 mk II
        12mm f/2 | 17mm f/1.2 | 17mm f/1.8 | 25mm f1.8 | 45mm f1.8 | 9-18mm | 14-150mm

Comment

Benedict
          ---------

People may not remember exactly what you did, or what you said, but they will always remember how you made them feel.

Comment

I agree with the sentiment but everyone likes to claim a consumer victory!
            hearts at peace under an English heaven

Comment

Originally posted by Benedict View Post
              Don't need luck John ,as I said I am in no hurry. There's always a deal to be done sometime.
              Couldn't agree more, but just got my early bday present the zd 50-200 mk I for 310 pounds. I and yes this might take months after I passed the swd for 480 pounds so, stay with it mate
              Owning a DSLR does not make you a photographer. It makes you a DSLR owner -Anonymous
              E-3|E-PL2|E-M5|NX-300
              Pana Leica D Summilux 25
              Zuiko Digital : 14-54 MK II|ZD 50-200 MK I
              Zuiko OM : OM 50/1.4|OM 50/1.8
              Tamron : SP 90/f2.5|Tamron 18F|01F
              Metz 44-AF1|EVF-2|MMF-2|Mal-1
              NX : 18-55 MK III|SEF-A8
              Mono-TriPod|Slingshot 200AW|Compuday 150|Pro Runner 350|Passport Sling|Toploader 55

Ebay : declan_79

Comment

Originally posted by zuiko-holic View Post

According to my research there were no such prices recently on eBay for the SWD version (I checked the completed listings:

Here's the lens I bought - 27th Jan...
                http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170975626186
                E510, E5, EM-5, many ZD and m.zuiko lenses and Bigma

My FLICKR

Comment

Originally posted by zuiko-holic View Post

But I had to wait for the right deal to come around. I guess it all depends on who else wants the lens at the time and how much they think it's worth. Good to be a buyer because you can wait for the right item to come along. As a seller you can only protect yourself from a cheap sale by setting a high reserve. I recall an auction recently for the 16-50mm SWD where I was the high bidder but didn't hit the reserve

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290867074835

I missed on a good bargain but the seller protected himself. However it put me off bidding for the relisted item.

Rutwij
                  E510, E5, EM-5, many ZD and m.zuiko lenses and Bigma

My FLICKR

Comment

Originally posted by Declan View Post
                    Couldn't agree more, but just got my early bday present the zd 50-200 mk I for 310 pounds. I and yes this might take months after I passed the swd for 480 pounds so, stay with it mate

my bargain found in my local market place, the swd was an ex int'l warranty so it has to be slighly lower than local Olympus warranty

Originally posted by rutwij View Post
                    Here's the lens I bought - 27th Jan...
                    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170975626186
                    well done, and for me the valuation of it has some part before decision....now we can easily check slidoo.com then add to watch list so we shouldnt check it everyday but the opposite we will get notification if our "price level" been posted
                    Owning a DSLR does not make you a photographer. It makes you a DSLR owner -Anonymous
                    E-3|E-PL2|E-M5|NX-300
                    Pana Leica D Summilux 25
                    Zuiko Digital : 14-54 MK II|ZD 50-200 MK I
                    Zuiko OM : OM 50/1.4|OM 50/1.8
                    Tamron : SP 90/f2.5|Tamron 18F|01F
                    Metz 44-AF1|EVF-2|MMF-2|Mal-1
                    NX : 18-55 MK III|SEF-A8
                    Mono-TriPod|Slingshot 200AW|Compuday 150|Pro Runner 350|Passport Sling|Toploader 55

Ebay : declan_79

Comment

Benedict
                      ---------

People may not remember exactly what you did, or what you said, but they will always remember how you made them feel.

Comment

These lenses are coming popular again i am sure! Anyway i just missed out again on ebay for the NON SWD version for my EM5, if anybody knows anybody...

(or the mmf adaptor)

Comment

Comment

Judd5000 - Thanks for that my man. Just ordered it and with 6 months warranty
                            Benedict
                            ---------

Comment

Thank you. I knew they were out there, but I kept missing them.
                              Benedict
                              ---------

Comment

Originally posted by Benedict View Post
                                Thank you. I knew they were out there, but I kept missing them.
                                Dave, I have both Mk 1 and SWD and for birds in flight - its not the SWD for me ... it spends too long searching ...
                                [I].
                                I Lurve Walking in our Glorious Countryside; Photography;
                                Riding Ducati Motorbikes; Reading & Cooking ! ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomagicf1_chevvy/sets/

the ONE photo album

Comment

Working...
                                X