Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Shoe Covers

Re: Hot Shoe Covers

Idle curiosity....if you "keep loosing" them why did you only order 2?

Comment

Originally posted by donmcmahan View Post
      Idle curiosity....if you "keep loosing" them why did you only order 2?
      Indeed, if you keep losing them why bother buying any at all? I can't remember when my camera last saw a shoe cover but it's not something I miss - about as useful as an ash tray on a motorbike!

Seriously, it's worth keeping one somewhere safe that you'll remember, in case you ever sell the camera; for some reason it's something many potential buyers like to see included, though I can't think why.
      John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Originally posted by Zuiko View Post
        Indeed, if you keep losing them why bother buying any at all? I can't remember when my camera last saw a shoe cover but it's not something I miss - about as useful as an ash tray on a motorbike!

Seriously, it's worth keeping one somewhere safe that you'll remember, in case you ever sell the camera; for some reason it's something many potential buyers like to see included, though I can't think why.
        Yeah, you can't lose them if you take them off and throw them in a drawer.
        It's the image that's important, not the tools used to make it.

David M's Photoblog

Comment

Just trying to be helpful, for anyone who is as anally retentive as myself and would like to replace a "lost cover" I thought it was a good saving on the UK price, also if the camera manufactures did not think they were needed I dare say they wouldn't be fitted in the first place ?

Comment

Thanks for the pointer Stephen. Good price.

Comment

I have 4 Olly cameras and have lost hotshoe covers in the past.

I orderd 7 from HongKong at $A1 each delivered for a total I think of $10 and haven't lost one since!
              Terry
              Canberra - The Nation's Capital
              E-620 plus stuff

Comment

Thanks Stephen. Good tip. Personally I like to have all my covers and on the top end Olys they are essential if you go out in the rain.
                http://www.flickr.com/photos/jdloudon/

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                  Just trying to be helpful, for anyone who is as anally retentive as myself and would like to replace a "lost cover" I thought it was a good saving on the UK price, also if the camera manufactures did not think they were needed I dare say they wouldn't be fitted in the first place ?
                  Sorry Stephen, I didn't mean to devalue the usefulness of your post, it's a great heads up for anyone who wants to replace their covers - thank you. Just adding my own take on the subject.
                  John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Originally posted by Real Ramona View Post
                    Thanks Stephen. Good tip. Personally I like to have all my covers and on the top end Olys they are essential if you go out in the rain.
                    Socket covers, yes, hot shoe covers I'm not so sure. There is a posibility that the cover will trap moisture, thus taking longer for the shoe to dry out when it stops raining. My E-3 has had a dunking (twice!) in the sea and been used in rain on many occasions without the shoe cover and doesn't appear to have suffered. I think this all comes down to personal preference, rather like whether or not to keep a clear filter on the lens for protection. Keeping a cover on the hot shoe might not do much good, but it certainly doesn't do any harm!
                    John

Comment

David
                      --------------------------
                      -XZ-1 * VF-2+EP-9
                      --------------------------

Comment

Working...
                      X