So the "L" gear is gone........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So the "L" gear is gone........

EM X Dave, and show us how good it is. ..............

Mj..

Comment

Originally posted by MJ224 View Post
      EM X Dave, and show us how good it is. ..............

Mj..
      Tooooooooooooooo BIG Mj. I've never ever used a grip, sure don't want one that's stuck on

Comment

That's a nice problem to have, Dave.
        John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

As Zuiko says, what a nice problem to have If it's really threatening to set fire to your trousers, get some nice lenses. I really like the 25mm f/1.2 and last time I looked Wex had them at a relatively good price. If you can exercise some restraint, wait until next year's super body announcement, whatever that might be. We're about due for the E-M1 Mark III.....

John

Comment

I too had a Leica camera, but for me it was the ergonomics that didn’t suit... I also thought that the CA was not quite as good as I expected it to be, but that’s being very nit picky
            Graham

We often repeat the mistakes we most enjoy...

Comment

I think you should have one of the small, light lenses that really show the MFT 'advantage'. The 17mm f/1.8 is a great 'all-rounder' that you'll hardly notice is there. It will also show why the 35mm focal length was so popular on the traditional film Leica.
              Mike
              visit my Natural History Photos website:
              http://www.botanicdesign.co.uk/Natur...story/home.htm

Comment

Originally posted by MikeOxon View Post
                I think you should have one of the small, light lenses that really show the MFT 'advantage'. The 17mm f/1.8 is a great 'all-rounder' that you'll hardly notice is there. It will also show why the 35mm focal length was so popular on the traditional film Leica.
                IMVHO the E-M1 Mkll looks daft with a tiny lens, the body is too big. The Pen-F and such are right for the smaller ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave in Wales View Post

IMVHO the E-M1 Mkll looks daft with a tiny lens, the body is too big. The Pen-F and such are right for the smaller ones.
                  The go for the 17mm f/1.2
                  Mike
                  visit my Natural History Photos website:
                  http://www.botanicdesign.co.uk/Natur...story/home.htm

Comment

There is more joy in Heaven over one sinner that repenteth .....

If you think the EM1ii looks daft with a small lens, get a small camera to go with the small lens. My EM10ii with 14-42EZ fits easily in a largish pocket and produces good results but there'd be no point in having a lens like that on the EM1ii. I keep the big camera for use with the big lenses (12-100; 100-400 and 300/4), mainly wildlife.
                    David

EM1ii, EM10ii

Comment

Whoa, what have I missed? Does your journey bring you back to Olympus or are you looking elsewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by Internaut View Post
                        Whoa, what have I missed? Does your journey bring you back to Olympus or are you looking elsewhere?
                        I never really left Olympus.

Comment

I feel a song coming on. "Don't cry for me Argentina, I never really left you......."
                          Ross
                          I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
                          Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
                          Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
                          Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
                          Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
                          Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

Originally posted by Ross the fiddler View Post
                            I feel a song coming on. "Don't cry for me Argentina, I never really left you......."
                            So how's the dogs, I still have that wonderful picture of the three of them, sadly one left us you said. The other two OK?

Comment

• Ross the fiddler
                              Ross the fiddler commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Unfortunately the Border Collie died a year ago, so we're only left with Toby, the FoxyPug & a (much younger) female CavalierPug.

• Dave in Wales
                              Dave in Wales commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Sad to hear that Ross, a picture of Toby with the Cavalier Pug would be very nice, when you have time. My wife and I thought we knew the original three we looked at the picture so often.
                          Working...
                          X