EM1 Mk 2 SD card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EM1 Mk 2 SD card

Hi All, so I finally bought an Em1 Mk2, got a great deal from HDEW for 829.00 body only plus 3 year warranty. Got every bit of use from my E620 which I have been using relentlessly since first got back into photography 4 months ago. Will be using my 12-60 and 50-200 ED pro lenses with MMF-3 adapter until I can afford to start building up MFT kit.

Please can anyone help me, I am use to CF cards with old system, bamboozled as to which SD card I need to buy for EM1 Mk2.

I will be mostly photography but some video, will be doing the Mach loop in spring and a lot of star shots.

Video work will be mostly interviewing people for a community project.

Look forward and grateful for any advice

Thanks

Lee

Re: EM1 Mk 2 SD card

I'm using a Sandisk Extreme Pro 64GB 300MB/s and cannot fault it.

Whatever you buy, I would recommend Sandisk.

Comment

For a UHS-ii card at a reasonable price, I use Lexar UHS-II 1000X (150MB/s) which is fast enough for photography and most video. A lot faster than earlier, non UHS cards.
      Mike
      visit my Natural History Photos website:
      http://www.botanicdesign.co.uk/Natur...story/home.htm

Comment

Originally posted by MikeOxon View Post
        For a UHS-ii card at a reasonable price, I use Lexar UHS-II 1000X (150MB/s) which is fast enough for photography and most video. A lot faster than earlier, non UHS cards.
        I have an E-M10ii not an E-M1ii but I noticed a significant improvement when I upgraded to UHS-II cards.
        I bought 32GB Lexars too, I don't do video so don't need massive cards.

The E-M1ii has an impressive burst rate which may benefit from the faster 300MB/s cards, depends on how often you're planning on using it
        150MB/s is fast enough for video.

I got mine from here, these 64GB cards are less than I paid a year or so ago for 32GB. Amazon probably have them too.
        https://www.7dayshop.com/products/le...b-lsd64gcb1000

Only buy SD cards from reputable sources, not Marketplace sellers and auction sites etc. as there are plenty of fakes that will cost you your precious images if they work at all.
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/amcuk/

Comment

Got both those lenses on my mkii .both very fast a/f you will be pleasantly surprised

Comment

Thats great to hear, I was wondering if they would be fast or struggle.

Originally posted by blackfox View Post
            Got both those lenses on my mkii .both very fast a/f you will be pleasantly surprised

Comment

Thank you so much for link, so will this card be able to use in both slots or would you just use it in the main slot for stills and video?, 1000x write speed is really fast I guess?

Originally posted by AMc View Post
              I have an E-M10ii not an E-M1ii but I noticed a significant improvement when I upgraded to UHS-II cards.
              I bought 32GB Lexars too, I don't do video so don't need massive cards.

The E-M1ii has an impressive burst rate which may benefit from the faster 300MB/s cards, depends on how often you're planning on using it
              150MB/s is fast enough for video.

I got mine from here, these 64GB cards are less than I paid a year or so ago for 32GB. Amazon probably have them too.
              https://www.7dayshop.com/products/le...b-lsd64gcb1000

Only buy SD cards from reputable sources, not Marketplace sellers and auction sites etc. as there are plenty of fakes that will cost you your precious images if they work at all.

Comment

Comment

Thanks for that, the prices seems to vary greatly, do you have a places you can recommend, not sure what's real and what might be fake

Comment

Originally posted by kazandlee View Post
                    Thats great to hear, I was wondering if they would be fast or struggle.
                    The must do though is to upgrade firmware to version 3.01 although a friend bought one last week and it was already done

Comment

Thank you, this is the one thing I didn't ask HDEW but im guessing they wouldn't have known either.

The must do though is to upgrade firmware to version 3.01 although a friend bought one last week and it was already done

Comment

It's easy to check - Menu - Spanner -Firmware.
                        David

EM1ii, EM10ii

Comment

a recent shot taken with the OMD1-MKii plus 50-200 and mmf-3 adaptor

taking a breather by jeff and jan cohen, on Flickr

Comment

Wow, rally looking forward to using the lenses on new body, im encouraged, thanks

a recent shot taken with the OMD1-MKii plus 50-200 and mmf-3 adaptor

taking a breather by jeff and jan cohen, on Flickr

Comment

Back to the subject of cards, Lexar cards are good .... when they are working. They do seem to have problems like the read - read/write switch breaking and other problems which you can read in forums. Lexar were taken over by another company so although they are a bit cheaper, may not be the best buy you can make.

I have two Lexar cards but after reading reports of faults, I bought my Sandisk and relegated my Lexars to spares 'to be used in emergency only'.

Comment

Working...
                              X