Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WWT Welney "photographers hide"

Originally posted by DavyG View Post
    I'll have both type of boots with me tomorrow Mark.

I find the Muck Boots fit very well, a friend of mine has a pair and he walks for miles in his.

Dave
    Having seen yours and Anita's at Welney, I ordered a pair of Tall Arctic Muck Boots in black at the end of last week, and they arrived very promptly today courtesy of Amazon prime.

I normally take size 8.5 shoes and 9.5 hiking boots (I wear 2 pairs of socks for hiking, and have a wide forefoot), and I went for UK size 9 Muck Boots.

They're a reasonably wide fitting as we surmised last week, and with a bit of fiddling with shoe inserts and volume reducers I've got a really comfortable fit with one pair of thick hiking socks. They're slightly loose around the heel, but that won't be an issue since I'm unlikely to be walking more than a few miles in them.

I just need some more snow now to try them out properly...

Many thanks for the advice, Dave.
    Regards,
    Mark

------------------------------
    http://www.microcontrast.com
    Too much Oly gear.
    Panasonic GM5, 12-32, 12-35, 15, 35-100, Laowa 7.5.
    Assorted legacy lenses, plus a Fuji X70 & a Sony A7S.

Comment

Re: WWT Welney "photographers hide"

Originally posted by drmarkf View Post
      Having seen yours and Anita's at Welney, I ordered a pair of Tall Arctic Muck Boots in black at the end of last week, and they arrived very promptly today courtesy of Amazon prime.

I normally take size 8.5 shoes and 9.5 hiking boots (I wear 2 pairs of socks for hiking, and have a wide forefoot), and I went for UK size 9 Muck Boots.

They're a reasonably wide fitting as we surmised last week, and with a bit of fiddling with shoe inserts and volume reducers I've got a really comfortable fit with one pair of thick hiking socks. They're slightly loose around the heel, but that won't be an issue since I'm unlikely to be walking more than a few miles in them.

I just need some more snow now to try them out properly...

Many thanks for the advice, Dave.
      Good to hear that you're pleased with the boots Mark, ours were an absolute bonus when we were stood for hours in the Cairngorms earlier this year.

I'm sure we'll be using them again when we're up there again next year.

Sorry for the late reply, I didn't see your post until now.

Dave

Comment

Working...
      X