Where's Viewer 2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where's Viewer 2?

Any news on the new freebie Studio/Master replacement that was due for early May release?

Jerry

Re: Where's Viewer 2?

Patience. Oly did say in May (not the beginning of May) & also announced
    The exact date of availability of Olympus Viewer 2 will be announced shortly.
    Well, I haven't seen any announcements yet.

As soon as it is out I will be trying it out too.
    Ross
    Ross
    I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
    Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
    Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
    Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
    Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

The most recent official Olympus press release specifically states that Viewer 2 will be a free download from Olympus websites in early May.

Perhaps that's early May in 2011?

Jerry

Comment

The most recent official Olympus press release specifically states that Viewer 2 will be a free download from Olympus websites in early May.

Jerry
        Hopefully not, but I would think we will be seeing it during the next few weeks. Just think of those hanging out for more 4/3 model cameras. We may have seen them last year if the micro 4/3's hadn't taken off so well.

Wishing you all the best,
        Ross
        Ross
        I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
        Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
        Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
        Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
        Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
        Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

Originally posted by JerryE-1 View Post

Jerry
          Maybe it's like the 100mm macro that's been on the lens roadmap since 2005.

If so we can expect it in May 2015.
          It's the image that's important, not the tools used to make it.

David M's Photoblog

Comment

Early May could mean anything up to the 14th of May, after all the 5th or 10th are all early May. A little patience pehaps.
            Regards Paul.
            One day I hope to be the person my dogs think I am.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/paul_silk/

Comment

I must admit that this had passed me by. You seem a bit eager, Jerry, are we expecting something wonderful?
              John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

I suppose my eagerness is probably misplaced. Camera manufacturers haven't exactly excelled in the past at producing in-house software that rivals or betters the offerings from Adobe etc - maybe Olympus have finally come up with something that bucks the trend. Most likely it'll just be a rehash of Master with a bit of Studio chucked into the mix for good measure, but just as slow and temperamental as before.

Jerry.

Comment

Originally posted by JerryE-1 View Post
                  I suppose my eagerness is probably misplaced. Camera manufacturers haven't exactly excelled in the past at producing in-house software that rivals or betters the offerings from Adobe etc - maybe Olympus have finally come up with something that bucks the trend. Most likely it'll just be a rehash of Master with a bit of Studio chucked into the mix for good measure, but just as slow and temperamental as before.

Jerry.
                  That would be my expectation, too! For now, I can trash my images quite easily in Elements!
                  John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Apparently (according to a post on dPreview) it's out today:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=35307038

The link they give is:

http://support.olympus-imaging.com/o...ndex/?Lang=ENU

Though not much happens when I click it. Can't find it on the Olympus site when I look for it....

Comment

Mine is downloading as we speak. About 54Mb. You need a camera serial number to hand.
                      Stephen

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, + Leica and Bronica film

My Flickr site

Comment

Has anyone actually got this to work? I can only get 57% of it downloaded & then it just crashes & now the site says it is shut for maintenance
                        Regards James.

Comment

Just managed to download this after the third attempt.

Seems much faster the develop a Raw file from my E3 than master but only time will tell.I'll try and have another in depth try later.
                          All the best

Being left handed my brain sometimes works sdrawkcab

Andy

Lots of cameras and lenses.

My Flickr

Comment

I have now admitted defeat trying to download this Does it do anything that studio wont?
                            Regards James.

Comment

Site was down for maintenance over lunchtime, managed to download ok @ 15:00 aprox not installed yet, will do that when I get home.
                              As is mentioned above, you will need your 'Olympus' camera serial number to download the .exe file.

at least it is free, could this be a trend.... once those who paid for studio have got over the shock, they might even include, direct camera link thats disabled in this version..

Comment

Working...
                              X