• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adagio
    replied
    Re: Photo editing on iPad

Originally posted by Invicta View Post
    Adobe Lightroom mobile is Adobe's solution for the iPad:

It does clever stuff with smart previews.
    I had given up on LR Mobile as under iOS7 there seemed no way of accessing images in the Photos collection. I have just tried it again under iOS8 and wonder of wonders you can

Adobe Photoshop Mix has some rudimentary compositing features and works well. PSD images can be exported to the Cloud.

For both of these programs you need a Creative Cloud account. Given that condition they are free.

Leave a comment:

• Invicta
    replied

Adobe Lightroom mobile is Adobe's solution for the iPad:

http://www.adobe.com/uk/products/lightroom-mobile.html

It does clever stuff with smart previews.

Leave a comment:

• Chevvyf1
    replied

Dave, just checked my found Tablet and it has Easy Photo Edit and the Olympus free Image Share - I only upload jpegs to the Tablet when away from home, to view and sometimes edit and send to Flickr etc.,

try them

Leave a comment:

• Smallcreep
    replied

I discovered Filterstorm Neue recently. I haven't used it much, but am encouraged by what I have seen. It can identify and handle Olympus raw files as well as JPEGs.

Leave a comment:

• Adagio
    replied

PhotoRaw Lite - limited but free. PhotoRaw £6.99 - have not tried

Leave a comment:

• StephenL
    replied

If you really must use an iPad for editing jpegs, try Snapseed.

Leave a comment:

• sapper
    replied

Originally posted by StephenL View Post
    In all fairness, Jim (Maccabeej) already has described what Photosmith does. It allows you to import raw files onto your iPad and view them. You can add tags, keywords, etc. You can then synchronise those files wirelessly to your home version of Lightroom. Nowhere does it claim you can edit the raw files.
    Yes, that is true Stephen. I am just frustrated that I have paid out for something I'm not sure I need.

Anyone use photgene? I know it won't edit RAW but I will just have to shoot RAW + JPEG

Leave a comment:

• StephenL
    replied

In all fairness, Jim (Maccabeej) already has described what Photosmith does. It allows you to import raw files onto your iPad and view them. You can add tags, keywords, etc. You can then synchronise those files wirelessly to your home version of Lightroom. Nowhere does it claim you can edit the raw files.

Leave a comment:

• sapper
    replied

Well, that was a waste of time and money. I buy photo smith thinking I can edit my photos but it seems it is just a cataloguing tool, cannot see any way to edit my pics. I clicked on a link to get an instruction manual but to no avail. P**d off with it.

Leave a comment:

• sapper
    replied

Thanks Stephen, I only need it for very basic editing so having looked at what is available I will just use pegs, not RAW.

Leave a comment:

• StephenL
    replied

In my view, if you want to edit on the move, especially raw files, forget tablets. Use a laptop of some description.

Leave a comment:

• sapper
    replied

Thanks guys. From your replies it seems that Lightroom cannot be used on an iPad when on the move.
    I will try photo smith for basic editing.

Leave a comment:

• maccabeej
    replied

You have to subscribe to adobe CC. Editing takes place on a small version which I presume is jpeg and the edits are then synced back. It works well for what it does but I don't find it incredibly useful. You cannot load images onto it directly they have to be on your main PC or laptop, create a collection which you can then sync with LR Mobile. I have found Photosmith more useful while travelling it is a plug in to LR with an iPad app. Load the raws, import into Photosmith, ascribe stars, colours,picks etc then sync with LR when back at base.

Leave a comment:

• Bengeo
    replied

Try https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/adob...804177739?mt=8

Andy

Leave a comment:

• sapper
    replied

Originally posted by StephenL View Post
    It's definitely there. The first item when the search criteria is "lightroom". I've just checked.
    Well I can't find it.
    I type Lightroom in the app store but only get tutorials.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X