Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clone stamp problem

Hi,

I have been trying to use the clone stamp to remove certain elements from the background.
    Is there a way to use only one highlighted piece to paint with when you click on ALT ?

As when I paint with it it moves with the image if you know what I mean.
    I have to keep stopping & re-clicking. I want to just select the same part & paint it.

I know there will be an easy way to do this, but I just dont know what it is lol.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Re: clone stamp problem

What program are you referring to?
    This space for rent

Comment

I downloaded gimp, is there a way to do this?

Comment

Re: clone stamp problem

Originally posted by Macca1980 View Post
        I downloaded gimp, is there a way to do this?
        No, it's supposed to work that way. If you were to take a sample from a single spot and paint it over the object you are trying to remove it would look just as if you had used a pot of paint and a paintbrush to paint it out.
        The clone tool needs to be subtly used to copy an area of the image which closely matches the area around the object you want to remove. This usually means that you have to select an area close to the object to be removed. You need to use a small size brush tool with a fuzzy edge so that the copied data is blended into the background. It also helps to use a magnified view when doing this.

Hope this helps.

Regards.
        Peter

she looked at me and said "It's official. I hate your camera. It's just so amazing and perfect I want one!"

E-M10 MK II, E-M5, E-PL1, E-PM2, mZ 12-50, mZ 14-42mm EZ, mZ 17mm f 1.8, mZ 25mm f1.8, mZ 45mm f1.8, mZ 75-300mm II.
        OM1n, OM 50mm f1.8.
        Oly Viewer3, Dxo Pro 11. FastStone.

Comment

Originally posted by PeterBirder View Post
          No, it's supposed to work that way. If you were to take a sample from a single spot and paint it over the object you are trying to remove it would look just as if you had used a pot of paint and a paintbrush to paint it out.
          The clone tool needs to be subtly used to copy an area of the image which closely matches the area around the object you want to remove. This usually means that you have to select an area close to the object to be removed. You need to use a small size brush tool with a fuzzy edge so that the copied data is blended into the background. It also helps to use a magnified view when doing this.

Hope this helps.

Regards.
          Thanks for this

Comment

Working...
          X
          Scroll To Top Scroll To Center Scroll To Bottom