• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zuiko
    replied
    Re: Windows Problem

Originally posted by PeterBirder View Post
    Mine's doing the same. I expect they'll fix it with the next update.
    Or make it worse!

Sorry you are having the same problem, Peter, but it is somehow reassuring!

Leave a comment:

• PeterBirder
    replied

Originally posted by Zuiko View Post
    Following the latest Windows update yesterday I keep geeting a pop up message informing me that the "Synchronization Application stopped working and was closed."

The message continues....."A problem caused the application to stop working correctly. Windows will notify you if a solution is available."

Apart from the message, I haven't noticed any problems (that I don't already have) with the computer. Does anyone know what this means and should I be worried/take action? I have Vista.

Thank you.
    Mine's doing the same. I expect they'll fix it with the next update.

Leave a comment:

• David Morison
    replied

I don't worry when I get a pop-up like this, just say "P**s off" and close it!.

David

Leave a comment:

• Zuiko
    replied

Originally posted by DekHog View Post
    John, nothing to worry about, but Vista is notorious for stuff like this - if it persists and really bothers you just roll back the updates. I never used windows update with Vista due to problems like this, so when I got to the point where everything was working OK, I just disabled it. I would was say a case of it's not broken, why fix it, but Vista is basically broken from a fresh install anyway!!

Edit: Is this only happening when you boot up, or popping up randomly?
    Thanks Derek, if it's not anything to worry about I can live with it. I think it does only happen when I boot up, or shortly afterwards. I've always thought it best to accept the updates but now I'm not sure -as you say the program is basically flawed anyway!

Leave a comment:

• DekHog
    replied

John, nothing to worry about, but Vista is notorious for stuff like this - if it persists and really bothers you just roll back the updates. I never used windows update with Vista due to problems like this, so when I got to the point where everything was working OK, I just disabled it. I would was say a case of it's not broken, why fix it, but Vista is basically broken from a fresh install anyway!!

Edit: Is this only happening when you boot up, or popping up randomly?

Leave a comment:

• Zuiko
    started a topic HELP! Windows Problem

Windows Problem

Following the latest Windows update yesterday I keep geeting a pop up message informing me that the "Synchronization Application stopped working and was closed."

The message continues....."A problem caused the application to stop working correctly. Windows will notify you if a solution is available."

Apart from the message, I haven't noticed any problems (that I don't already have) with the computer. Does anyone know what this means and should I be worried/take action? I have Vista.

Thank you.
Working...
X