First film shots in years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First film shots in years

I took these on my Ensign selfix 820 using Ilford Delta 100 film at 6X6 cm it also does 6X9. I am still getting used to the viewfinder.

Film shot 2 by alf.branch, on Flickr

Film shot 3 by alf.branch, on Flickr

Film shot 4 by alf.branch, on Flickr

Film shot 5 by alf.branch, on Flickr

Here is shot of the camera

Ensign selfix 820 by alf.branch, on Flickr
    OMD E-M1 OMD E-M5II MMF3 12-40 pro 12-50 EZ 14-42 EZ 9-18 f4.0 -5.6 40 -150f4-f5.6 R 60mm f2.8 macro Sigma 105 f2.8 macro Holga 60mm plastic Holga pinhole lens lens and a XZ-1 Olympus - 35 SP Trip 35 Pen EEs OM2sp

I nice view does not mean a good photograph. My FLickr

Re: First film shots in years

Pure nostalgia. It's even got that characteristic slight overall softness so typical of the era, which is actually quite attractive. Maybe I can understand the appeal of Canon after all!
    John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Fantastic. There is something magical about black and white film, especially in 6x6 format. Seriously jealous of the camera. I've wanted a folder for a long time, got close to acquiring one a few times but never quite managed to get my hands on one.
      Roger

E-M5, 20mm/1.7, 45mm/1.8
      OM-1N, OM-10, OM-4ti, 24mm/2.8, 50mm/1.8, 85mm/2, Tamron 70-210mm/3.5
      cariadus.com | flickr | tumblr

Comment

Glad you like them John.

Originally posted by cariadus View Post
        Fantastic. There is something magical about black and white film, especially in 6x6 format. Seriously jealous of the camera. I've wanted a folder for a long time, got close to acquiring one a few times but never quite managed to get my hands on one.
        I was in a shop full of this sort of stuff at the weekend. I have been in a few times now.
        OMD E-M1 OMD E-M5II MMF3 12-40 pro 12-50 EZ 14-42 EZ 9-18 f4.0 -5.6 40 -150f4-f5.6 R 60mm f2.8 macro Sigma 105 f2.8 macro Holga 60mm plastic Holga pinhole lens lens and a XZ-1 Olympus - 35 SP Trip 35 Pen EEs OM2sp

Comment

You have just reminded me that somewhere in all myriad cameras, I should have an old Retina. I know I have film, so I better get looking.

Lovely to see the wonders of a bygone age still producing good work.
          The picture tells the story, great when you have a bad memory.DW.

Comment

Thanks for the commets.
            Imageryone go for it I am having fun even though its rather contraining

Kidslatenlife
            That shot shows signs of either light leakage or double exposure. did any oher exposures show the same sings of damage.
            I suggst a new thread on the subject showing oter shots form the roll

Comment

Originally posted by Zuiko View Post
              Maybe I can understand the appeal of Canon after all!

Bad person
              Look, I'm an old man. I shouldn't be expected to put up with this.

Pete's photoblog Misleading the public since 2010.

Comment

Working...
              X