Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 12mm lenses...too wide?

Originally posted by Petrochemist View Post
    If you are rotating the camera & lens around the nodal point you won't get any perspective distortion from stitching.
    What you don't get is any variation in parallax as the lens rotates.

The Laowa 12mm is the only lens, which has passed through my hands, which has the position of the entrance pupil marked. (It is about 2mm in front of the focusing ring).

Harold
    The body is willing but the mind is weak.

Comment

A better example would be a picture of the infamous brick wall. An ultra wide rectilinear lens would show the line of the bricks being horizontal and vertical along all four sides of the photo. Take 2 shots of the same wall with a lens with a higher focal length, pointing the lens at the middle of each half of the wall. As the lens will not be perpendicular to the wall you will get perspective distortion (in this case conventional parallax) with the sides of the wall being smaller than the join in the middle. Easily corrected with the same amount (but opposite) keystone correction on a two photo stitch but on a three or more stitch you would need to stitch first, then split into two for the correction. With a stitched panorama of scenary it is not so obvious if the major elements of the composition are some way away but even a shot looking down on a straight road will end up with it looking curved as it tails off into the distance.
      Cameras: E-M5, E-PM2, OM40, OM4Ti
      Lenses (M.Zuiko Digital): 7-14mm/F2.8, 12-40mm/F2.8, 40-150mm/F2.8+TC1.4x, 12-50mm/F3.5-6.3, 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 EZ, M.ZD 40-150 F4-5.6 R, 75-300mm/F4.8-6.7 Mk1, 12mm/F2, 17mm/F1.8
      Lenses (OM Zuiko): 50mm/F1.2, 24mm/F2, 35mm/F2.8 shift
      Lenses (OM Fit): Vivitar Series II 28-105mm/F2.8-3.8, Sigma 21-35mm/F3.4-4.2, Sigma 35-70mm/F2.8-4, Sigma 75-200mm/F2.8-3.5, Vivitar Series II 100-500mm/F5.6-8.0, Centon 500mm/F8 Mirror
      Learn something new every day

Comment

Originally posted by Harold Gough View Post
        What you don't get is any variation in parallax as the lens rotates.

The Laowa 12mm is the only lens, which has passed through my hands, which has the position of the entrance pupil marked. (It is about 2mm in front of the focusing ring).
        The Magic Shift Adapter (Nikon a.i.) is about to be dispatched to me from China.

Harold

Comment

Originally posted by Harold Gough View Post
          The Magic Shift Adapter (Nikon a.i.) is about to be dispatched to me from China.
          It has new arrived and I have started playing with it. See my initial findings in the Converters, etc. section.

Harold

Comment

Working...
          X