Clear All

• 300mm f4 no longer available

Comment

Re: 300mm f4 no longer available

https://www.camerapricebuster.co.uk/...f4-IS-Pro-Lens

Comment

Originally posted by blackfox View Post
        Don’t know if it’s a mistake but over on TP mike.w has posted a link to wex photographic ,that states that they are no longer stocking the 300mm f4 .. I have also checked on h.dew and it’s not listed on there either .

Although other retailers are still selling them ?...?
        I thought Wex initially had the lowest BF price before Amazon undercut them, so perhaps they've sold out and can't obtain further stock to sell at same BF price?

I looked at them on HDEW yesterday or Friday to compare BF prices with grey imports and they had them then, I thinkAmazon now OOS, but taking orders as more due in on 27/11.

I see it as potentially good news for the Oly brand that outlets are being cleared out of their most expensive lens.

Comment

Comment

Amazon have been substantially (aggressively?) reducing their prices on Oly stuff for some time now, and they appear to be manipulating how they appear in Camerapricebuster by reducing their prices after midnight so they appear in that day's price drops, then increasing them late in the day and reducing yet again after midnight so they keep appearing in another day's price drops, and repeating this again and again.

Comment

There's plenty of dealers with the 300 f4 in stock.
              Best wishes

Wildwood

Comment

Originally posted by Wildwood View Post
                There's plenty of dealers with the 300 f4 in stock.
                yes indeed reading between the lines its more to do with wholesale prices than anything else .. totally no point stocking something if your competitors can sell it cheaper than you can buy it wholesale

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Although Wex are OOS, it has a free next day delivery code

Comment

yes indeed reading between the lines its more to do with wholesale prices than anything else .. totally no point stocking something if your competitors can sell it cheaper than you can buy it wholesale

I seriously doubt that Park et al are getting better wholesale prices than Wex. TBH although I've bought from Wex in the past I find them generally a bit on the dear side.
                          Best wishes

Wildwood

Comment

Comment

Don’t know if it’s a mistake but over on TP mike.w has posted a link to wex photographic ,that states that they are no longer stocking the 300mm f4 .. I have also checked on h.dew and it’s not listed on there either .

Although other retailers are still selling them ?...?
                              https://www.hdewcameras.co.uk/olympu...pro-4214-p.asp

Comment

Working...
                              X