Olympus 300mm F4 Pro Lens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Olympus 300mm F4 Pro Lens

That's not what I heard from Oly reps through various pathways - the story I heard was more like August. Of course, it could be that they can ship them sooner than expected, or have been doing a bit of expectation management so that the surprise can be a pleasant one for once.

John

Comment

Originally posted by Bengeo View Post
      Yesterday I received a newsletter email from Olympus Europe titled "Now in stores: 300mm IS PRO lens - exclusively tested by Visionary Marcin Dobas."
      I emailed to ask them when it was going to be available in the UK and I got a quick reply this morning saying:

"The lens will start being available around 27 March 2016, although different stores may have slightly different delivery dates."

So, not much longer to wait now (it's only been 2 years), although I can't see many stores being open on Easter Sunday.

I received the same email and contacted the store I'd like to buy the lens from.

They then contacted Olympus as they are awaiting delivery of stock, they were informed that circa 30 lenses would be made available to UK suppliers and that it would be in the region of 3 months before there would be more availability.

I did find one for sale on Amazon.de however, the seller does not ship to UK.

I was hoping to have a 300mm for my trip at the end of April, it's not looking promising though.

Dave

Comment

Yes I got the same email and rang my pre-order supplier Jessops who confirmed that they were expecting stock next week and mine would be dispatched then. Since I placed the pre-order in early Feb Jessops have said that they expect delivery in March and have regularly kept me updated with emails. I was told by Olympus that the first batch was limited and the second batch would much latter in the year and that is why I jumped and got my order in, I just hope that there are no problems with this first batch.
        John

OM-D E-M1, 12-40 f2.8 Pro, Tamron 14-150mm f5.8, E5, E3, Zuiko 50-200mm SWD, Zuiko 12-60mm SWD, Zuiko ED 70-300mm f5.6, 50mmf2, Zuiko ED 9-18mm f5.6, Sigma 50-500mm f6.3, EC14, EC20, RM-1, VA-1

Comment

Originally posted by birdboy View Post
          I was told by Olympus that the first batch was limited and the second batch would much latter in the year and that is why I jumped and got my order in, I just hope that there are no problems with this first batch.
          Well, the Olympus apprentices have got to practise on something. Only joking, I hope you get your lens soon, as promised. It looks like a cracking piece of kit and I am very envious.

Ron

Comment

I had an email from SRS today stating that they now have the Olympus 300mm Pro and hope to dispatch mine this afternoon.
            Archie

Comment

Wow, that's impressive! I hope it comes true and look forward to seeing some sample photos.

John

Comment

oh happy day! SRS emailed to say mine's on its way too.

Comment

Originally posted by Bikie John View Post
                  Wow, that's impressive! I hope it comes true and look forward to seeing some sample photos.

John
                  I think it must be true as I have received a text message from ParcelForce to say that it is on its way.
                  Archie

Comment

Got the phone call from SRS and just picked it up. Very fast to focus. Managed a few garden shots in poor light - I think it will do.

robin by Bengeo, on Flickr
                    Andy
                    bengeo.com

Comment

• Re: Olympus 300mm F4 Pro Lens

Kapow!

Seems to be working to spec...

Regards,
                      Mark

------------------------------
                      http://www.microcontrast.com
                      Too much Oly gear.
                      Panasonic GM5, 12-32, 12-35, 15, 35-100, Laowa 7.5.
                      Assorted legacy lenses, plus a Fuji X70 & a Sony A7S.

Comment

Got the phone call from SRS and just picked it up. Very fast to focus. Managed a few garden shots in poor light - I think it will do.
                        Congratulations Andy, that looks extremely impressive. I look forward to seeing what you can do with it in good light.

Ron

Comment

Looks good Andy, I look forward to seeing more images from the lens.

Congrats to all who have received, or are on the verge of receiving, their 300mm Pro lens, I think I was over cautious in not placing a pre-order.

Let's hope the store I registered interest with has a spare copy soon.

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by DavyG View Post
                            I think I was over cautious in not placing a pre-order.

Let's hope the store I registered interest with has a spare copy soon.

Dave
                            Ha! I'm gritting my teeth and hanging on: seriously I haven't any trips coming up for which I'd use it in the next 6 months. It'll be interesting to see if it has come down in price by then (and whether there are any available then, and whether I manage to last out that long!).
                            Regards,
                            Mark

------------------------------
                            http://www.microcontrast.com
                            Too much Oly gear.
                            Panasonic GM5, 12-32, 12-35, 15, 35-100, Laowa 7.5.
                            Assorted legacy lenses, plus a Fuji X70 & a Sony A7S.

Comment

That's a really super shot Andy! I'm still very skeptical of m43 as a platform for birding/wildlife but this shot leaves a little shadow of doubt!
                              Paul
                              E-M1ii, Pen-F and too many lenses
                              flickr
                              Portfolio Site
                              Instagram

Comment

As good as all the reviews then!

Can you give your impression of the size of it, do you look at and think woah! or does it still seem in keeping (albeit at the extreme of) the m43 world?

Comment

Working...
                                X