Olympus 300mm F4 Pro Lens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Olympus 300mm F4 Pro Lens

You won't regret it, sharpest lens I've ever owned.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengeo View Post
      A very good decision! You'll love the duel stabilisation too. Now you just need to save up for the 1.4x converter .....
      The dual stabilization was the main reason why I decided to go for the 300mm F4 rather than the Pan 100-400mm, despite the advantages of a zoom lens. The converter will have to wait for a while but I really must get round to selling some of my gear which I no longer use, even if I only get give-away prices for it.

Ron

Comment

Originally posted by Ross the fiddler View Post
        Ah-hmmm, not Mr. Go & look at her pages with lots of interesting images etc.

You are mistaken Ross.

If you are referring to "The Hopeful Traveller" blog that is his wife's site on which she says;

"Andrew has thousands of photos from Cuba in his collection, most still to be published. If you would like to see more, keep an eye on his Beagletorque Daily Cuba photo blog where there are fresh pictures, - you guessed -, every day! It's developing quite a following!

Regards.
        Peter

she looked at me and said "It's official. I hate your camera. It's just so amazing and perfect I want one!"

E-M10 MK II, E-M5, E-PL1, E-PM2, mZ 12-50, mZ 14-42mm EZ, mZ 17mm f 1.8, mZ 25mm f1.8, mZ 45mm f1.8, mZ 75-300mm II.
        OM1n, OM 50mm f1.8.
        Oly Viewer3, Dxo Pro 11. FastStone.

Comment

I can confirm I have balls my wife has not had them off yet!
          Stuff from Cuba
          More stuff from Cuba
          It all started here

Comment

We should have known your gender from all the creepy crawlies you photograph. Is that remark sexist?

Ron

Comment

Insectist perhaps?

Andrew (Andrea down under!)
              Stuff from Cuba
              More stuff from Cuba
              It all started here

Comment

Originally posted by Beagletorque View Post
                Andrew (Andrea down under!)
                You are confusing us again. I thought you said that your wife has not had them off yet.

Ron

Comment

• Regards,
                  Mark

------------------------------
                  http://www.microcontrast.com
                  Too much Oly gear.
                  Panasonic GM5, 12-32, 12-35, 15, 35-100, Laowa 7.5.
                  Assorted legacy lenses, plus a Fuji X70 & a Sony A7S.

Comment

Sounds fantastic Ron ! I'm sure you're gonna love it and get some superb images.
                    I've been casually keeping an eye on the Pan 100-400mm and the 300mm f4 pro but I really do think it has to be 300mm, plus I already have the MC-14 converter.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by PeterBirder View Post
                      You are mistaken Ross.

If you are referring to "The Hopeful Traveller" blog that is his wife's site on which she says;

"Andrew has thousands of photos from Cuba in his collection, most still to be published. If you would like to see more, keep an eye on his Beagletorque Daily Cuba photo blog where there are fresh pictures, - you guessed -, every day! It's developing quite a following!

Regards.
                      Thanks for that. So Kelly is his wife then?
                      I guess I have to read all the details then.
                      Ross
                      I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
                      Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
                      Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
                      Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
                      Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
                      Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

The Kelly/Andrew confusion raises an interesting point. It is so useful when a post includes the poster's forename at the foot. It seems much more polite to address a reply to a real name rather than 'Megazoom Meister' or similar. Apologies to any Megazoom Meisters out there.

Ron

Comment

Originally posted by Ross the fiddler View Post
                          Thanks for that. So Kelly is his wife then?
                          I guess I have to read all the details then.
                          Yes and yes.
                          Andrew
                          Stuff from Cuba
                          More stuff from Cuba
                          It all started here

Comment

Congrats Ron, I can't think of a better home for one of these eccelent lenses.
                            BTW
                            There is a Glossy Ibis at Salthouse, where I'm currently staying until Friday morning on a family holiday, I got a recrecord shot but it was very far away and I'm still honing my skills, it's on flikr if you want to look, I wish you better luck if it's not to far from where you are in Norfolk, I'm sure you will love you new lense.
                            Cliff, my Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/cliffscrivens/

Comment

Originally posted by Beagletorque View Post
                              Yes and yes.
                              Andrew
                              Goodonya Andrew. I wasn't sure about the sewing interests, although I'm not afraid to use a needle having made (remade totally) two kilts for myself (& converted a formal tails jacket to a Prince Charlie jacket to wear with the kilts). There's an awful lot of hand sewing in that.

Ross
                              I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
                              Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
                              Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
                              Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
                              Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
                              Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

Well, it has arrived and it does indeed appear that the box has never been opened. It is an impressive looking piece of equipment and is much neater than the 50-200 SWD. The lens hood especially is considerably more compact.

One thing which I have noticed straight away is that the natural place to support the lens with my hand is directly under the focusing ring. I think I will spend a lot of time accidentally moving that to the manual focusing position until I get used to it. At least I will know what to check if the camera won't autofocus.

'Sods Law' dictates that there wasn't a single bird to be seen anywhere near the garden when I went outside a little while ago, so I haven't been able to test it properly yet and I have got to go out now so I will have to wait until tomorrow to play. I am very pleased with it so far, though.

Ron

Comment

Working...
                                X