Olympus 300mm F4 Pro Lens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Olympus 300mm F4 Pro Lens

The 300f4 hood has freed itself! No kidding when I played with the lens it just worked? Why, I don't know, it's a mystery could it be the way I carry the em1+lens on my black rapid, this could also be the reason the lever moves accidentally further tests will be needed.
    Kind regards Mike
    http://www.wingsofnature.org

Comment

It's just technique, put your thumb into the hood and fingers on the outside and turn. Counter intuitive, but it's works for me.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
      Stuff from Cuba
      More stuff from Cuba
      It all started here

Comment

OMDmkII 300F4 Pro one from a few weeks ago .
        Rob.

Comment

One from last night It just kept coming thanks to the silent shutter and I clipped the wing tips so made it like this .
          Rob.

Comment

Super image. You are very lucky to so much access to these owls.

Comment

Yes quite a bit of luck as its a bit out of the way and few people go there Now that's the best bit of luck
              I think the Owl trust's me as he has flown right up to me 5 or 6 times now that would not have happened if I got the 1dxmkII (bird scarer ) out the car
              Rob.

Comment

Scott Bourne's reviews of the E-M1 mkii and 300 f4 are here:

http://photopodcastnetwork.com/
                Regards,
                Mark

------------------------------
                http://www.microcontrast.com
                Too much Oly gear.
                Panasonic GM5, 12-32, 12-35, 15, 35-100, Laowa 7.5.
                Assorted legacy lenses, plus a Fuji X70 & a Sony A7S.

Comment

Beautifull picture of the short eared owl, but I can assure you they come very close, even when using a "very loud" 1Dx

Alwin

Wasn't sure if I could post a picture of that occasion though as it is not an Olympus 300 f4
                  Olympus gear E-M1 mk1 and mk2
                  Olympus 300 f4 pro and 40-150 f2.8 pro lenses

www.wildlife-pics.jimdo.com
                  Facebook: @alwin.fotograaf

Comment

• Comment

• Stuff from Cuba
                      More stuff from Cuba
                      It all started here

Comment

Originally posted by Beagletorque View Post
                        Looking forward to seeing some results!
                        Thanks Mr Beagletorque. I hope they don't disappoint. I have just received a text to say that the lens will be delivered tomorrow by DPD. They are my favourite couriers and have never let me down yet, so I am hopeful that all will be well.

Ron

Comment

I don't think you will be disappointed its the best lens Oly have made IMHO of course.
                          Dave

My Flickr

Comment

A very good decision! You'll love the duel stabilisation too. Now you just need to save up for the 1.4x converter .....
                            Andy
                            bengeo.com

Comment

Originally posted by Olybirder View Post
                              Thanks Mr Beagletorque. I hope they don't disappoint. I have just received a text to say that the lens will be delivered tomorrow by DPD. They are my favourite couriers and have never let me down yet, so I am hopeful that all will be well.

Ron
                              Ah-hmmm, not Mr. Go & look at her pages with lots of interesting images etc.

I wish you well with that lovely lens. I can only dream of that......

Ross
                              I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
                              Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
                              Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
                              Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
                              Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
                              Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

Originally posted by Bengeo View Post
                                A very good decision! You'll love the duel stabilisation too. Now you just need to save up for the 1.4x converter .....
                                That's why it is a great inclusion when buying the 40-150 Pro lens with it. Only costs a little more.
                                Ross
                                I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
                                Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
                                Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
                                Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
                                Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
                                Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

Working...
                                X