Teleconverts again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Teleconverts again

Wow, many thanks for replies and wisdom.

I think I am expecting too much from the idea of telephoto shooting. Getting nearer to the subject is as good as idea as any.

Having been a land surveyor for most of my life (now retired) I should know that when looking through powerful scopes, the atmosphere humidity is also magnified, thus powerful scopes are not always a winner.

Despite what I have just said I have just bought a 1:6.7 aperture mirror lens, 500mm and will enjoy playing with that, or not!!

Mj

Comment

Some of the best photos posted on this forum have been taken with the 50-200+EC14 on both FT and MFT bodies. See http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=43654 for example.

I too found the 2x rather soft on the top pro lenses but the EC14 and MC14 seem fine on both pro and top pro lenses.
      David

EM1ii, EM10ii

Comment

I almost always use my 40-150mm f2.8 Pro lens with the TC and have no complaints about the quality even at 210mm focal length. I am sure adding the TC does degrade the resolution, but I still find it more than sharp enough for my needs. I have also never seen the colour fringing that some tests have found.

I did have the 4/3 1.4x TC and never really liked it. I used it with both versions of the 50-200mm lens but was generally disappointed with the results. This was probably down to my lack of technique with the extra focal length as much as any inherent optical deficiencies.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by blu-by-u View Post
          For the cattle class, there is that digital X2 already built into your camera.
          Blu - Which Body are you referring to? Also don't think many took you up on the resulting quality issues.
          Pentax has had a fantastic TC for ever and it's compatible for all its stuff. Guess Oly is just trying to trade us up to bigger glass. Shame.
          Happy New Year

Comment

Working...
          X