• jonesy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jonesy
    replied
    Re: Second Hand Lenses

Originally posted by mike_j View Post
    What other lenses do you have?

If you only have the kit lens have you considered the 12-60mm? Nearly as wide as the 11-22mm and excellent quality all through the range so a much more adaptable lens that the 11-22mm
    This lens will be my third one.... the only one I chose. I have a 17.5 - 45 that came with the camera, and a 40-150 that was bought for me last summer. We go to visit New York soon, and I'm keeping my eye out for a 14-54 or at least a good quality lens that will replace my short lens. Who knows, I might pick up a bargain at the duty free shop

Leave a comment:

• jonesy
    replied

Originally posted by theMusicMan View Post
    Yup, have to agree with Stephen... the 7-14mm is certainly a 'lust after' lens. Having said that the 9-18mm is awesome too, especially at 1/4 the price of the 7-14mm.

My next purchase will be the 9-18mm. Good luck with it and do show us some shots yeah.
    I'm hoping I dont let the lens down too much
    But there will be plenty of opportunity for me to use it, and practice makes you better doesnt it

Leave a comment:

• jonesy
    replied

Originally posted by StephenL View Post
    Till you start to lust after the 7-14
    That one's my "lottery prize"

Leave a comment:

• theMusicMan
    replied

Yup, have to agree with Stephen... the 7-14mm is certainly a 'lust after' lens. Having said that the 9-18mm is awesome too, especially at 1/4 the price of the 7-14mm.

My next purchase will be the 9-18mm. Good luck with it and do show us some shots yeah.

Leave a comment:

• StephenL
    replied

Till you start to lust after the 7-14

Originally posted by Archphoto View Post
    Sounds great, Jonesy, Congrad's.
    You will love the wide's....

Peter

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Sounds great, Jonesy, Congrad's.
    You will love the wide's....

Peter

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

What other lenses do you have?

If you only have the kit lens have you considered the 12-60mm? Nearly as wide as the 11-22mm and excellent quality all through the range so a much more adaptable lens that the 11-22mm

Leave a comment:

• jonesy
    replied

Well, I've "bitten the bullet" and ordered myself a 9-18 lens. Its supposed to arrive in approx 5 days....

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Tracey, the 11-22mm lens is very good and is the only zoom I own, not being a long lens user and having sold my kit lenses. My daughter gets married in two weeks time and it will be the 11-22 lens I'll be using for my personal shots. I used to be a wedding photographer some years back and used medium format back then, but I'm more than happy to use the 11-22 as I know the shots will be upto scratch.
    That said, there is a possibility that mine will be up for sale afterwards as I tend to shoot more with my rangefinder cameras and I'm considering going over to them completely.

Leave a comment:

• jonesy
    replied

Thanks for the samples Archphoto. Seems like that 2mm can make a big difference. Now this doesnt make my choice any easier to make... Looks like I'm going to have to think about this some more.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Jonesy here are 3 shots, all taken with my 7-14mm that show you the diference between the 7-14mm, the 9-18mm and the 11-22mm.
    The building to the left is the reference point and the right side shows you how far the angle will go.

The 9-18mm will give you these results, the 11-22mm (that I have) too.

at 7mm

at 9mm

at 11mm

I hope this helps a bit.

Peter

Leave a comment:

• crimbo
    replied

wide enough?

Leave a comment:

• jonesy
    replied

Hi Chrimbo

We have 2 "local" camera stores, but both lenses are special order through them, which is why I'd love to see some comparision shots from the people here (That and everyone here is a much better photographer than I am )

Leave a comment:

• crimbo
    replied

Wide
    the 11-22 has a 90 degree field of view at the 11mm end.
    it appears very well corrected so that if you keep it level you do not have to do any perspective changes in PP

One thought: do you have an Oly dealer you can get to? If so go and try them out

Leave a comment:

Working...
X