Lens roadmap due

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lens roadmap due

According to olympus rumours they will probably be announcing the 150-400 and another lens tomorrow plus possibly a omd1-mkiii .. be nice if true
    150-400mm F4.5 TC1.25x IS PRO
    50.00%
    100-400mm F5.0-6.3 IS
    45.83%
    12-45mm F4.0 PRO
    4.17%

The poll is expired.

Re: Lens roadmap due

Oh-er, I'm skint.

Comment

join the club . I got big choices facing me next month do I buy the wife one pair of knickers or two for xmas.

Comment

Originally posted by blackfox View Post
        join the club . I got big choices facing me next month do I buy the wife one pair of knickers or two for xmas.

Comment

2 Items of good news:

According to Google, It's going to be affordable

And according to Park Cameras it's going to be black (I hate white lenses) https://www.parkcameras.com/p/424657...pro-lens-black

Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 150-400mm f/4.5 TC 1.25x IS PRO Lens - Black

Product Code: 4246570M

Providing a super telephoto zoom lens with built in teleconverter the Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 150-400mm f/4.5 TC 1.25x IS PRO in black is ideal for sports and wildlife photography.

Comment

Comment

Just had an email come through from Olympus with some interesting lens information about future lens. It is from Olympus USA.

150-400mm F4.5 TC1.25x IS PRO, 100-400mm F5.0-6.3 IS and 12-45mm F4.0 PRO

https://learnandsupport.getolympus.c...c_sub=30564508
              Derek

www.dncphotography.co.uk

Comment

100-400mm F5.0-6.3 IS, at last, slower than panny/leica at the wide end, but when will it be available, one year, two years, jam tomorrow?

Comment

I wonder what the point is of the 12-45 f/4. I suppose it must be really small to make it worth doing, unless it has some extra kind of fairy dust.

John

Comment

Originally posted by Bikie John View Post
                    I wonder what the point is of the 12-45 f/4. I suppose it must be really small to make it worth doing, unless it has some extra kind of fairy dust.

John

Comment

Originally posted by DavidB View Post
                      100-400mm F5.0-6.3 IS, at last, slower than panny/leica at the wide end, but when will it be available, one year, two years, jam tomorrow?

Comment

The main cause of my bafflement is that we already have the 12-40 f/2.8, which is a lovely lens. Going to 45 rather than 40 doesn't look like much of a bonus, certainly not enough to justify developing a whole new lens, and with losing a stop I can't think of anything else apart from size that might be a benefit. it will be interesting to see if/when it actually comes out.

John

Comment

Strange it's f5.0 at 100mm. Maybe that's to make it a bit lighter than the Panny/Leica lens. Bet it wont work with the converters either.
                          http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

Comment

Originally posted by Bikie John View Post
                            The main cause of my bafflement is that we already have the 12-40 f/2.8, which is a lovely lens. Going to 45 rather than 40 doesn't look like much of a bonus, certainly not enough to justify developing a whole new lens, and with losing a stop I can't think of anything else apart from size that might be a benefit. it will be interesting to see if/when it actually comes out.
                            Yes, it will be small. Did not see any mention of IS or lack therof.

"We are pleased to announce three lens model updates to the Olympus M.Zuiko Digital Lens roadmap, including the addition of the ultra-compact M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-45mm F4.0 PRO"
                            Cameras: E-M5, E-PM2, OM40, OM4Ti
                            Lenses (M.Zuiko Digital): 7-14mm/F2.8, 12-40mm/F2.8, 40-150mm/F2.8+TC1.4x, 12-50mm/F3.5-6.3, 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 EZ, M.ZD 40-150 F4-5.6 R, 75-300mm/F4.8-6.7 Mk1, 12mm/F2, 17mm/F1.8
                            Lenses (OM Zuiko): 50mm/F1.2, 24mm/F2, 35mm/F2.8 shift
                            Lenses (OM Fit): Vivitar Series II 28-105mm/F2.8-3.8, Sigma 21-35mm/F3.4-4.2, Sigma 35-70mm/F2.8-4, Sigma 75-200mm/F2.8-3.5, Vivitar Series II 100-500mm/F5.6-8.0, Centon 500mm/F8 Mirror
                            Learn something new every day

Comment

Thanks OM, didn't spot that bit.

John

Comment

Working...
                              X