• Show
Clear All

Re: Lumix TC 14, Oly MC14 and MC20

Phil
    I've worked it out, configuration "camera-MC14-10mm spacer-MC20-300mm lens

Comment

Yes I think that's what he did.
      I don't use facebook properly in that I don't have any friends! I just registered to be part of a few groups including my local camera club and some of the Oly pages. The astro one I linked too does seem pretty good. Anyway i don't suppose Jeffrey would mind me pasting his full post on here for you to read.
      Here are Jeffrey's words:
      Next week it gets very cold and dry here so I'll be interested in testing the resolution a little more as the moon waxes. From last Saturday early evening, I used the 300mm f/4 with MC14 and MC20 connected via the Fotodiox Pro 10mm Extension tube and in this case I wanted to see the sharpness in a stacked sequence. I took 40 hand held high resolution photos and this is the result of the 40 stacked images aligned in Photoshop, converted to a smart object layer and Mean Averaging applied, and returned to the 50 megapixel 8160x6120 dimensions of the originals with some sharpening applied in Photoshop. There is some CA that occurs when combining the two teleconverters and it seems to be caused at least in part by the fact that this setup has a tiny bit of flex or play when both teleconverters are involved with the extension tube as that creates four separate mount points instead of two which can create enough flex that some edge issues on one side or the other of the moon may be visible. The weight of the E-M1X doesn't help matters. Perhaps if we had a better quality extension tube and a lighter body that could still do hand held high resolution, this could be overcome. I've supplied a full resolution jpeg here, uncroped, for those interested in this apparatus. I don't expect Olympus tested or even identified this setup as a possibility but it does work pretty well for some things. I see very little noticeable sharpness or contrast fall off when using both.
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

Comment

Phil
        Thanks for that, useful information

Comment

No problem.
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

Comment

Working...
          X