40-150mm f/2.8 Pro lens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 40-150mm f/2.8 Pro lens

Having been involved in development and field testing a few photographic products before the days of this interweb thingy I can see how it must be a nightmare these days. The first hint of an issue has early adopters up in arms and posting all over the web.
    It's the image that's important, not the tools used to make it.

David M's Photoblog

Comment

1. invest heavily in many copies of the unique assembly fixtures needed to mass produce this lens and rapidly fulfil the initial demand - knowing that most of this kit will be unused in less than 6 months & and that you need to increase the retail price to recoup this investment.
      2. or, scale back on the maximum production capacity - resulting in a longer time to fulfil initial orders and a lower (i.e more competitive) selling price, but less wasted equipment over the production lifetime.
      Chris

Comment

It could be that the product qualification production batch has revealed issues that need to be addressed prior ramping up the production, thus delaying the launch. It could also be the case that Olympus cannot set up enough production and testing lines to meet the demand based on pre-orders, meaning longer lead times from order to delivery.

My Gallery on 500px

Comment

Have just realised that all the above responses to my original question have been added without me realising it! For some reason I haven't been getting email notifications when a response is made, despite the fact that I have enabled this feature in my Forum settings. Maybe one of the Forum team could look into this for me. Anyway, thanks for all the input. I'm still awaiting delivery on the lens.

Comment

Dear Santa all I want for Xmas is an Olympus 40-150mm f2.8 pro lens.😊
            Gareth Lovering
            I have over 14,000 photos and videos on line at

http://www.facebook.com/Garethloveringphotography

http://www.flickr.com/photos/swansealocalboy/

http://www.youtube.com/user/garylovering/

Comment

SRS tell me that Oly have told them early December for pre-orders (fingers crossed).
              Regards Huw

Olympus equipment
              Capture One Pro
              My flickr

Comment

Comment

Should be no problem in Vienna, if any thing you may need a slightly wider lens than normal, unless you are going in for a series of Harry Lime type photo series where you are snooping on conversations along way-away.
                  This space for rent

Comment

Originally posted by DerekW View Post
                    Should be no problem in Vienna, if any thing you may need a slightly wider lens than normal, unless you are going in for a series of Harry Lime type photo series where you are snooping on conversations along way-away.
                    Fortunately, I've still got my 7-14mm Zuiko, so that will come in very handy! That I won't sell until I know exactly when the new 7-14 is shipping!

Comment

Just had the phone call from SRS, my 40-150 will be with me tomorrow
                      Sadly though the teleconverter will follow in a couple of weeks.
                      Can't have it all I guess.
                      Regards Huw

Olympus equipment
                      Capture One Pro
                      My flickr

Comment

Good on them for calling you - Wex are pretty bad at keeping customers informed!

Comment

Ho hum, maybe I'll start saving for the 300mm Pro lens in 2020!
                          In the meantime my 4/3rds Sigma 70-200mm APO EXII will be made to work hard and remind me, as it does, why its still such a great lens on the micro 4/3rds system, including when combined with the x1.4 teleconverter.
                          If I'm out I'm JustSwanningAround
                          or more often at www.facebook.com/JustSwanningAround

Comment

Excellent news Huw. Here's hoping the nice chaps at LCE will have similar news soon.

John

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Hall View Post
                              Have just realised that all the above responses to my original question have been added without me realising it! For some reason I haven't been getting email notifications when a response is made, despite the fact that I have enabled this feature in my Forum settings. Maybe one of the Forum team could look into this for me. Anyway, thanks for all the input. I'm still awaiting delivery on the lens.
                              I'm with you on this one but from a slightly different angle - I posted my comment while there were only a few previous comments but now see some showing that were from a day or two before! So I presume that there was some glitch in the works that held some posts up?
                              If I'm out I'm JustSwanningAround
                              or more often at www.facebook.com/JustSwanningAround

Comment

Well after some hasty test shots (it arrived a little while ago) I can confirm first hand that it's a blinder of a zoom lens.
                                I'm very glad to have decided to go for it

Here are some examples, the first two are 100% crops, all processed with CaptureOne.
                                The moon has had some exposure and clarity adjustment.

Regards Huw

Olympus equipment
                                Capture One Pro
                                My flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                Scroll To Top Scroll To Center Scroll To Bottom