Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New m-Zuiko lens and EM-1 firmware

Olympus have released a firmware update for the m-Zuiko 60mm macro lens,

I was so far behind there were updates for my 45mm and 12-50mm lens as well.

Oh, and the EM-1 V2.0 firmware update is out too.

Worth checking your Olympus gear for firmware updates at:

http://www.olympus.co.jp/en/support/...e/firm/e1/#omd

Re: New m-Zuiko lens and EM-1 firmware

Many thanks on the sixty, I am waiting until Monday to update my EM1
    Ed

Live life in the slow lane.

Comment

Thanks for that, I would have missed the 60 firmware update.

Comment

Originally posted by Wee man View Post
        Many thanks on the sixty, I am waiting until Monday to update my EM1
        Why wait for Monday Ed?, I have just done mine.
        Dave

E-M1 Mk2, Pen F, HLD-9, 17, 25, 45, 60 macro, 12-40 Pro, 40-150 Pro, 12-50, 40-150, 75-300, MC-14, MMF-3 (all micro 4/3rds), 7-14 (4/3rds), 50, 135 (OM), GoPro Hero 3, Novo/Giottos/ Manfrotto supports. Lowepro, Tamrac, Manfrotto, and Billingham bags.

External Competition Secretary, Cwmbran PS & Welsh Photographic Federation Judge

Comment

Read somewhere the full update with tethering would only be released on Monday. So decided to wait, probably wrong, but at least all you guys will have found/sorted any problem's for me by then?
          Ed

Comment

Just updated my 45mm and the E-M1. The lens was really quick but experienced a very long wait for the E-M1, started to think it wasn't going to work. Stick with it, the initial whirly thing on the pc went on for several minutes but when the camera lcd changed, it was less than the suggested 2 minutes.

Thanks.. Mark

Comment

Read somewhere the full update with tethering would only be released on Monday. So decided to wait, probably wrong, but at least all you guys will have found/sorted any problem's for me by then?
              After updating the camera to 2.0 it will show another selection (3rd down from Storage) which is tethering. What you have to wait till the 24th for is the PC program 'Olympus Capture' that will work in conjunction with OV3, CO, LR or other RAW converter program etc., so you may as well enjoy the rest of the update features & fixes on the E-M1 now.
              Ross
              I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
              Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
              Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
              Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
              Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
              Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

Thanks for this; battery on charge just in case, and then let the download begin!
                Ed

Comment

Thanks for this; battery on charge just in case, and then let the download begin!
                  Here are details (& video demo) of Olympus Capture that you're waiting for. http://app.olympus-imaging.com/olymp...ex.php?lang=en

As Brian linked to & discussed in this thread. http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=34665
                  Ross
                  Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.

Comment

Another thing I discovered after updating to FW2.0 was the first few photos I took on the unformatted SD card could not be downloaded or read in Windows explore etc. It needed to be reformatted to make it happy.
                    Ross

Comment

Originally posted by Ross the fiddler View Post
                      Another thing I discovered after updating to FW2.0 was the first few photos I took on the unformatted SD card could not be downloaded or read in Windows explore etc. It needed to be reformatted to make it happy.
                      You worried me with this post as I had several shots on my card which I did not want to lose. Happily no such effect for me and all is well.
                      Did you take the card out of the camera for the firmware update like Olympus advise?

Comment

Oops I forgot to take the card out (as usual!), but all went well.
                        Stephen

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, + Leica and Bronica film

My Flickr site

Comment

Originally posted by StephenL View Post
                          Oops I forgot to take the card out (as usual!), but all went well.
                          Plus one.
                          Peter

she looked at me and said "It's official. I hate your camera. It's just so amazing and perfect I want one!"

E-M10 MK II, E-M5, E-PL1, E-PM2, mZ 12-50, mZ 14-42mm EZ, mZ 17mm f 1.8, mZ 25mm f1.8, mZ 45mm f1.8, mZ 75-300mm II.
                          OM1n, OM 50mm f1.8.
                          Oly Viewer3, Dxo Pro 11. FastStone.

Comment

Originally posted by Miketoll View Post
                            You worried me with this post as I had several shots on my card which I did not want to lose. Happily no such effect for me and all is well.
                            Did you take the card out of the camera for the firmware update like Olympus advise?
                            Yes, but I chimped & deleted some too & that might have been the last straw with the camera starting afresh.
                            Ross

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            Scroll To Top Scroll To Center Scroll To Bottom