Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Infra red converted camera body for hire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ian
    replied
    Re: Infra red converted camera body for hire?

You're very welcome, John - the more awareness of what's possible with IR the better

Ian

Leave a comment:

• Ian
    replied

Don't forget that our special offer on the infra-red converted E-PL1 hire finishes at the end of this month. Get your booking in before the end of the last day of the month to avoid disappointment!

20% off offer details here:

http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showpost...6&postcount=29

Ian

Leave a comment:

• Jim Ford
    replied

Originally posted by Ian View Post
    Sorry for the late response - no, the i/r is not filtered by the sunglasses (which are quite ordinary), so the lens appears transparent
    Thanks for the reply Ian - it's a really interesting effect!

Jim

Leave a comment:

• Simon Bee
    replied

Originally posted by Ian View Post
    As a result of the discussion here:

http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=13694

..I'm seriously considering the idea of offering an IR converted body to the site's Olympus gear hire stock.

It will probably be a Pen E-PL1 to start with as this could be used by both Four Thirds lens users (with an adapter) and Micro Four Thirds lens users. But if the service is popular enough I may well source an IR-converted E-System DSLR body as well.

Can I just take a straw poll to see if anyone here would be interested in hiring such a camera body?

Incidentally, we do have continental hire customers, but there is an extra cost to the shipping. Nobody has hired from the USA yet, probably because of the high shipping costs.

So what do you think?!

Ian
    Hi Ian,

I would definitely be interested in hiring an IR E5

Regards Simon

Leave a comment:

• Ian
    replied

Don't miss out on Amateur Photographer magazine's special feature on IR this week, see:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater

Ian

Leave a comment:

• Ian
    replied

Originally posted by Jim Ford View Post
    The two of you are interesting, Ian!

Did the IR camera 'see' through the tinting of your glasses, or are the glasses photochromic and the sun had gone in so they went clear on the IR image?

Jim
    Sorry for the late response - no, the i/r is not filtered by the sunglasses (which are quite ordinary), so the lens appears transparent

Ian

Leave a comment:

• Jim Ford
    replied

The two of you are interesting, Ian!

Did the IR camera 'see' through the tinting of your glasses, or are the glasses photochromic and the sun had gone in so they went clear on the IR image?

Jim

Leave a comment:

• theMusicMan
    replied

Hi Ian - hope you don't mind if I also add a link to my Introduction to IR Tutorial thread, which really starts at post 33 here...

http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthre...?t=7269&page=3

Enjoy.

IR is a superbly interesting subject folks, and I'd strongly suggest getting out there and trying it.

Leave a comment:

• Ian
    replied

I would just like to remind everyone that we have an IR-converted Pen E-PL1 available for hire. Spring is a great time for IR photography with new greenery and spring flowers everywhere.

Normal colour

Infra red mono

Infra red colour

There is a good thread on this subject, including a link to an article on IR photography here:

http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14551[email protected] if you are interested!

Ian

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

looking good this - I used to favour 2150K on the E520 for IR, but that was through the blocking filter as well.

Who's first in line to hire the new beast?

Leave a comment:

• Ian
    replied

Looks like blue channel noise is making its self known! Will attempt to address that next time.

Ian

Leave a comment:

• Ian
    replied

I've noted that some like to use a very low colour temperature as a starting point (easy to do if you are shooting RAW). This one was set to 2100K:

False colour

Mono

Once again, swapped the red and blue channels and then adjusted to my preference using colour balance, saturation, levels, etc.

Ian

Leave a comment:

• Ian
    replied

Not had much time to play today, but here are a couple taken with the converted Olympus Pen E-PL1 this morning:

False colour version

Mono version

I still have a lot to learn!

Ian

Leave a comment:

• AlistairJ
    replied

Plenty of colour in the images from this camera.

Apart from swapping red and blue, the only other thing I did was adjust the white balance, by sampling one of the leaves as a grey point in Levels.

Leave a comment:

• Ian
    replied

Here's my go at swapping the red and blue channels from the original RAW file:

Ian

Leave a comment:

Working...
X
Scroll To Top Scroll To Center Scroll To Bottom