• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EM1 Mk2

David

EM1ii, EM10ii

Comment

Re: EM1 Mk2

I almost bought it at 889 but decided to hold off, glad I did. They are really nice people to deal with.

Comment

I have never dealt with HDEW but have heard many good reports. I am put off by this statement in their terms & conditions:
        "When you buy a product from our website,you are buying direct from our supplier.
        HDEW Cameras will act as an agent between you and the supplier and your contract will be directly with them.The name and contact details of the supplier will be provided on your invoice."
        Mike
        visit my Natural History Photos website:
        http://www.botanicdesign.co.uk/Natur...story/home.htm

Comment

Originally posted by MikeOxon View Post
          I have never dealt with HDEW but have heard many good reports. I am put off by this statement in their terms & conditions:
          "When you buy a product from our website,you are buying direct from our supplier.
          HDEW Cameras will act as an agent between you and the supplier and your contract will be directly with them.The name and contact details of the supplier will be provided on your invoice."
          If I am not mistaken, that is the definition of a Drop Shipper. If that is the case, they are only one of thousands actively trading online. The good thing in this instance is, at least they are admitting the fact in writing and you get the product at a reduced price.

Jax

Comment

That's GBP185 lower then my purchase price in May. and you get 3 years warranty.
            * Henry
            * Malaysia

All my garbage so far.

Comment

I thought this to but the chap I spoke to on phone, guy called Harry said that the warranty is dealt with through them and if I have problems to contact them directly. Any work is also carried out in the uk. I looked on there Q&A and it states the same, might give them another call today.

Originally posted by MikeOxon View Post

Comment

When I had a problem with the 300/4 I bought from HDEW it was fixed by Johnsons of Glasgow without any quibble. That's why I was happy to buy the EM1ii from them.
                David

EM1ii, EM10ii

Comment

Thinking about a second mk2 now for that money, almost a no brainer, would mean macro quickly available for me.

Comment

My lad had a canon lens from them a couple of years ago ,it started getting noisy after several months use. He sent it to Johnson’s canon repair centre twice and each time it came back only slightly better , h.dew then refunded him in full plus all his postage costs .super firm

Comment

Wish I had 800 quid spare. Second hand prices aren't much cheaper, even if you can find one for sale!
                      Junk on Flickr
                      Even more Junk on Instagram

Comment

So I emailed HDEW today with my concerns about the warranty. I got a really speedy email back saying that their 3 year warranty is managed through them and the camera is coming from their own stock in surrey, they said if I had any problems with camera then my contract is with them and it goes back to them.

I have to say that all my experiences with HDEW pre purchase and purchase have been excellent.

Comment

https://shop.olympus.eu/en_GB/cameras/om-d/e-m1-mark-ii

Comment

Working...
                          X