HLD-5 Grip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HLD-5 Grip

When I first got mine I couldn't make it work. I did the basic things: Remove the camera battery. Remove the battery cover and stow it in the grip. Fit the grip on the camera and tighten it up. Now put one or two batteries in the grip and the camera should work.

Except it didn't.. Olympus ship them with the "Lock" switch set to lock, and in that position the shutter and thumb wheel on the grip are disabled.

Pete

Woops. Sorry Sponner :-)
    Still, at least we agree...
    Look, I'm an old man. I shouldn't be expected to put up with this.

Pete's photoblog Misleading the public since 2010.

Comment

I'm getting the hang of it now. It seems to work OK.....I think.
      One thing I've noticed on the E620 camera is that there is not a "scene setting" for portrait. Shame cos I found it really worked well on the E500.

Comment

I think there is

But looking at olympus site specs no mention?

Doh, I thought that was teh little face icon before landscape

From a review site "There are also 18 Scene modes available: Portrait, Landscape, Landscape + Portrait, Night Scene, Night + Portrait, Children, Sport, High Key, Low Key, Digital Image Stabilization, Macro, Nature Macro, Candle, Sunset, Fireworks, Documents, Panorama (only available when using an Olympus xD-Picture Card), Beach & Snow. First you see a large sample image which then shrinks down to make room for the text explanation of the mode. "
        hearts at peace under an English heaven

Comment

Yes, there is a night scene mode. It's called NIGHT+PORTRAIT and is used by selecting the icon with a little star and a person with the mode dial (A, S, M, P...). In some circumstances, you may want to use the mode ART/SCENE instead and select CANDLE, SUNSET or FIREWORKS.

Comment

Portrait is the first setting after auto

Comment

Thanks for your replies.

rsh1960
              I am talking about the preset "Art/Scene" settings here as I said. and not the
              "Portrait is the first setting after auto" you refer to.

Francois
              Likewise,There isn't a preset portrait setting in "Art/ Scene"

SponnerDoh,
              "I thought that was teh little face icon before landscape
              From a review site "There are also 18 Scene modes available"
              Same applies here except there are only 13 settings and no portrait.

Maybe I should ask the same question again?

Comment

There are 18 settings. Five directly available from the Mode dial: Portrait, Landscape, Macro, Sport and Night Portrait. The other 13 are available from the Art/Scene setting on the dial.

The reason for separating them is that you cannot override the settings on the ones in the Art/Scene mode.
                Last edited by meach; 15th June 2011, 08:32 AM. Reason: typo
                Paul

Comment

Originally posted by meach View Post
                  There are 18 settings. Five directly available from the Mode dial: Portrait, Landscape, Macro, Sport and Night Portrait. The other 13 are available from the Art/Scene setting on the dial.

The reason for separating them is that you cannot override the settings on the ones in the Art/Scene mode.
                  Thanks again,
                  I understand, all I was saying is that I used the "scene" portrait setting with the E500 and it produced great results for me. I am just a novice who is trying to learn after all.

Comment

Originally posted by abacus180 View Post
                    Thanks again,
                    I understand, all I was saying is that I used the "scene" portrait setting with the E500 and it produced great results for me. I am just a novice who is trying to learn after all.
                    And all I'm saying is that it's on the E-620 - but it's accessed directly from the mode dial rather than from the scene settings. Same thing - but in a different place. Hope this clarifies things.
                    Paul

Comment

Originally posted by meach View Post
                      And all I'm saying is that it's on the E-620 - but it's accessed directly from the mode dial rather than from the scene settings. Same thing - but in a different place. Hope this clarifies things.
                      Sorry it isn't the same thing, but just leave it at that eh?

Comment

Found this earlier. May be of help to someone hitting this thread hoping to get clued in on the HLD-5.

http://www.biofos.com/esystem/e620_grip.html

Mark
                        Learning All The Time.

HAVE: E-620 | HLD-5 | ED14-42 | ED40-150 | ED70-300
                        CURIOUS ABOUT: Sigma 50-500 Or | EC-14 For 70-300
                        DREAM OF: E-5 | HLD-4 | ED7-14| ED14-35 | ED35-100 | ED90-250 | EC-14 | EC-20

Comment

Originally posted by Phaedrus View Post
                          Found this earlier. May be of help to someone hitting this thread hoping to get clued in on the HLD-5.

http://www.biofos.com/esystem/e620_grip.html

Mark
                          Thanks for that Mark, very useful.

Comment

Ireland" Why list it as the site for Ireland, if folk from Ireland can't buy from it? ).

Anyone able/willing to help me out?

Thanks,

Mark
                            Learning All The Time.

Comment

Originally posted by Phaedrus View Post
                              Ireland" Why list it as the site for Ireland, if folk from Ireland can't buy from it? ).

Anyone able/willing to help me out?

Thanks,

Mark

Comment

Learning All The Time.

Comment

Working...
                                X