Focus problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! Focus problems

After a frustrating day at Cleethorpes Airshow this weekend, I need advice on an auto-focus issue. Using my e-5 with the 50-200mm lens most of my 1000 images were blurred, with about 20 pics kept. I tried all I know to correct this, to no avail! Yesterday I used the same lens on my e-620 and most images were as I would have expected, good! It seems there's an issue with the e-5 and the lens communicating. On static subjects the set up is superb as with my 50mm macro and 14-54mm lens. Continuous AF is struggling. Any ideas as to the cause? The body is twelve months old.

Re: Focus problems

Can you view this link:

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/50099629

If not, I'll copy and paste it.

Jim

Comment

Thanks Jim, The Dynamic area Focus I will definitely try! Do I buy a battery grip? Very expensive but if it would cure the problem would be worth every penny! On a slightly different tack, I have noticed the 50-200 SWD isn't snapping into focus as quickly as it used to.....could the problem be here too?

I do have a battery grip on my e-620 and love it!

Comment

My lens has gone to Luton Camera Repairers LTD who told me there is a focusing fault as well as a juddering movement. I'll have to wait until Olympus send them the parts.....could be a few weeks. At least I know what the problem was!

Comment

Comment

Working...
          X
          Scroll To Top Scroll To Center Scroll To Bottom