Rule of thirds eyepiece

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! Rule of thirds eyepiece

Is there an eyepiece with the rule of thirds marked on it for the E5? I don't use live view and would like to know if anyone has found a way to show the lines through the view finder? Thanks
    Conor.
    Ever wondered what happens the dark when the light is switched on?

Re: Rule of thirds eyepiece

I find it easy enough to guess, roughly, and less distracting when there's less clutter in the viewfinder. Even the histogram, which is essential, is quite frankly a hindrance to composition, but sorry, I don't know the answer to your question.
    Steve

on flickr

Comment

As I understand, Olympus designed the 11 focus points for the E-3 and E-5 to be in the most used positions for photographs. See this article from Imaging Resource for more detail.

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/E3/E3A4.HTM

The corners of the 9 central focus points are pretty close to the intersection lines for the rule of thirds, and I use them for composition.

There is also a replacement focus screen for the E-3 and E-5 with the rule of thirds lines, the FS-3. Unfortunately, you have to have this one installed by the Olympus service folks.

Dan
      Dan Lang

Comment

Originally posted by Dan in NC View Post
        There is also a replacement focus screen for the E-3 and E-5 with the rule of thirds lines, the FS-3. Unfortunately, you have to have this one installed by the Olympus service folks.
        I bet that's not cheap, even if they still do it for legacy models!

Comment

Working...
        X
        Scroll To Top Scroll To Center Scroll To Bottom