Shutter actuations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shutter actuations

I'm pretty sure there is no absolute or specific answer to this question, however I'm still a novice around here on this matter.

What sort of number of shutter activations would/should you expect to get during the lifetime of an E410 ?

I now have a spare 14-42 lens, so I'm looking around Ebay to pickup a body with some decent life expectancy.

What should I avoid ?

Re: Shutter actuations

Why not to go E1 instead - its a fun camera to play with. There are only 3 things I have missed on E1 - 1) more Mpix in first, but after some use I've used to frame the pics better so no hard cropping needed. 2) IS - couple of times it would have given some benefit but 410 don't have it also. 3) about 3 times in 2 years I've missed onboard flash

But in the end I like to use it more than my 520

Comment

I think the E-410 has a shutter life expectancy of 50,000 actuations if I remember correctly. I think I read somewhere that for the E-30 it is 100,000 and for the E-3/E-5 it's 150,000. Though I suppose all of this is a bit like buying a second hand car. It's not the miles it's done - it's how it's been treated
      Jamie

Comment

I have 2 E410s, one from new the other from eBay, no idea how many either have, should I care? What happens when you reach the end figure?

Comment

Working...
        X