Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help please

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Help please

    Hi Everyone,
    Does anyone know of anywhere in Yorkshire that I can get my E-400 looked at. When I go to take a picture the shutter isn't cycling through properly, the mirror comes up but it's not registering the exposure so no picture. Never used a forum before to try and get help so sorry if I sound ignorant but I am
    Thanks
    Martin

  • #2
    Re: Help please

    Originally posted by eagle View Post
    Hi Everyone,
    Does anyone know of anywhere in Yorkshire that I can get my E-400 looked at. When I go to take a picture the shutter isn't cycling through properly, the mirror comes up but it's not registering the exposure so no picture. Never used a forum before to try and get help so sorry if I sound ignorant but I am
    Thanks
    Martin
    Hi Martin, Sorry I cannot help with the location of a Repairer in Yorkshire. But perhaps post it to Luton Cameras ? or even phone Luton Cameras because lots of members talk about how very knowledgeable Luton Cameras are

    Have you looked in the E400 section ? Maybe another Member has experienced this problem ?

    Anyway, at least my post here shall "bump" your thread up to the top for a while and someone may see it and be able to help you

    PS W e l c o m e
    .
    .
    [I].
    .
    I Lurve Walking in our Glorious Countryside; Photography;
    Riding Ducati Motorbikes; Reading & Cooking ! ...


    http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomagicf1_chevvy/sets/

    the ONE photo album

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Help please

      I have moved this thread to the E-400 board.

      It does sound like a failed shutter - does the mirror return normally after trying an exposure?

      Have you tried resetting the camera or using it in live view mode?

      Ian
      Founder and editor of:
      Olympus UK E-System User Group (http://e-group.uk.net)
      Four Thirds User (http://fourthirds-user.com)
      Digital Photography Now (http://dpnow.com)
      Olympus camera, lens, and accessory hire (http://e-group.uk.net/hire)

      Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
      Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
      Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/
      NEW: My personal BLOG ianburley.com
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Help please

        Not sure how to but a reset might be worth a try check your manual. It does sound like a repair job and again Luton seems the place to try.
        Ed

        Live life in the slow lane.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Help please

          Originally posted by Ian View Post
          I have moved this thread to the E-400 board.

          It does sound like a failed shutter - does the mirror return normally after trying an exposure?

          Have you tried resetting the camera or using it in live view mode?

          Ian
          I'm afraid I've not got as far as exploring all the functions on my camera but have tried to reset and it's not giving me that option live view isn't something I know how to get, but thanks for moving me to the right place for best effect. I'll get there eventually but it's all a learning curve

          Comment


          • #6

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Help please

              Hi there Eagle!

              I forgot to say in the earlier post that you have to press the shutter button once you have put the camera into cleaning mode to open the shutter, and once you have finished turn the power off to come back out again - it's in the manual on page 91 (at least it is in the online version of the pdf I have.)

              Cheers,

              Ralph.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Help please

                Harrison Cameras in Sheffield are very good as a retailer. I'd expect them to be able to advise about repairs although don't have any experience of that. Only time I've had anything fixed I went to a local shop and they sent it off to Oly. The repair was very good and came with a service and guarantee for the whole camera. It cost about as much as a replacement camera second hand though.
                http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Help please

                  Originally posted by Ralph Harwood View Post
                  Hi there Eagle!

                  I forgot to say in the earlier post that you have to press the shutter button once you have put the camera into cleaning mode to open the shutter, and once you have finished turn the power off to come back out again - it's in the manual on page 91 (at least it is in the online version of the pdf I have.)

                  Cheers,

                  Ralph.
                  cheers Ralph, I think there must be software issues with the camera as when going through the menu to do a factory reset that function was being denied to me also. Anyway it has gone off to Luton Cameras now so hopefully they'll sort it out but I'll have a look at that 510 cheers mate

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Help please

                    Thanks everyone for your help. It's goner off to Luton Cameras now so here's hoping. Thanks again

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X