At a crossroads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At a crossroads

I love my E-30, don't get me wrong. In the 2.5 years I have had it I have taken 4500 images with it. However in the 7 months with the E-PL5 I have taken 3500 images! So It may be time to sell the E-30, and invest the money in a 75-300mm mk2. I still have an E-1, and the 14-54, 50-200 SWD lenses. Just not sure yet what to do. Wish the 50-200 worked better on the PL5, (I'm afraid of wrecking the lens using it on the PL5), and Oly would come out with and adapter that would take the weight.

Re: At a crossroads

I am at the same stage in relation to my E-3. Although I have only had my EPL-5 a few weeks, it is growing on me (probably even more when my VF-2 arrives). When I put this and my E-3 side to side with it, the size difference is immense. I still have the problem with my 4/3 lenses, which I love (IQ but not so much their size) and their so so usability on the EPL-5, which I can accept up to a point. However, I am not sure if I can accept the lower IQ of the micro 4/3 lenses that I would have to replace them with if I went fully micro, such as the Pany 7-14 (not sure if I still need a lens this wide), 12-50, and 75-300. I can maybe live without the 50-75 gap. I need the versitlity of zooms over primes and although I am now contridicting myself I quite fancy assembling a small collection of OM primes in the shape of the 135 and 200mm telephotos due to their gorgeous look on the PEN bodies!

But to be honest I don't really know what I want!
    Dave

E-M1 Mk2, Pen F, HLD-9, 17, 25, 45, 60 macro, 12-40 Pro, 40-150 Pro, 12-50, 40-150, 75-300, MC-14, MMF-3 (all micro 4/3rds), 7-14 (4/3rds), 50, 135 (OM), GoPro Hero 3, Novo/Giottos/ Manfrotto supports. Lowepro, Tamrac, Manfrotto, and Billingham bags.

External Competition Secretary, Cwmbran PS & Welsh Photographic Federation Judge

Comment

To be honest I do not see a whole lot of IQ difference between the m40-150mm and the 50-200mm SWD, and I am very surprised at that. I'm still in the process of taking test shots and, yes, pixel peeping, and I realize the 40-150 does not compete in speed. Ephotozine has tests on bothe the 40-150 and 75-300, the 40-150 is sharper if I am reading them right. So today I went out with the 40-150mm and turned on the digi tele-converter. This is a sample, striaght out of the camera at 150mm, ISO800 F7.1. So for now I think I'm happy without the 75-300.

I went to the WoW event in Birmingham Saturday. There I met a person that was new to m4/3, (his other camera was a D7000), he had just purchased the 40-150mm and was also amazed at the sharpness, I think he said as good if not better than the Nikon. Not bad for a cheap plastic lens!

Comment

Almost, I almost put my E-30 up for sale on here. I have the ad ready, I have the pictures ready, I just could not bring myself to do it, aaarrrrggghhh. Just don't know what is keeping me from doing it! Maybe I'm a camera hoarder.

Comment

Originally posted by pvasc View Post
          Almost, I almost put my E-30 up for sale on here. I have the ad ready, I have the pictures ready, I just could not bring myself to do it, aaarrrrggghhh. Just don't know what is keeping me from doing it! Maybe I'm a camera hoarder.
          Val I was like that with my E-1s and still have two (gave one to my middle son and one to a Grandson ... with a few lenses )

But the E-1 is still a great bit of kit also have a few other Olympus cameras and lenses ... sort of a collection as parting is painful ...
          [I].
          I Lurve Walking in our Glorious Countryside; Photography;
          Riding Ducati Motorbikes; Reading & Cooking ! ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomagicf1_chevvy/sets/

the ONE photo album

Comment

Originally posted by Chevvyf1 View Post
            Val I was like that with my E-1s and still have two (gave one to my middle son and one to a Grandson ... with a few lenses )

But the E-1 is still a great bit of kit also have a few other Olympus cameras and lenses ... sort of a collection as parting is painful ...

Comment

The E-1 is a classic, no doubt about that. I had a couple and wish I still had one, but I just know it wouldn't get used, and I hate to have redundancy around me. It just seems a waste. But if I don't use a piece of kit for a few weeks, I just itch to get rid!

PS Pete, that doesn't apply to the 75mm!
              Stephen

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, + Leica and Bronica film

My Flickr site

Comment

I took an E-1 and Mk 1 14-54 lens out today
                [I].

the ONE photo album

Comment

Originally posted by Chevvyf1 View Post
                  I took an E-1 and Mk 1 14-54 lens out today
                  Did they need a lead?
                  Stephen

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, + Leica and Bronica film

My Flickr site

Comment

Originally posted by StephenL View Post
                    Did they need a lead?
                    Not just the Gun Dog Whistle ...
                    [I].

the ONE photo album

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    Scroll To Top Scroll To Center Scroll To Bottom